Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
750 was a conservative estimate.

Have you seen their board up top? Their calorie ranges say something like 400-900 or even 1200 calories.

Again, it's not an extremely healthy place. It's just in the marketing, pretty much like the weight loss shoes from Reebok which they marketed very well and every fat guy I know bought it, only that 24 months later, Reebok pulls it down

And honestly, in a Mexican place, if I am taking cheese and sour cream out, I might as well go to some boring place like salad corner or subway.

REAL mexican food doesn't use cheese and sour cream. Most authentic tacos don't come with cheese or sour cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 09:48 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
No lengua, tripas, buche, birria or cabeza on the menu, I'm not going in.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:48 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Never been but I'm putting it on my bucket list.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:49 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
REAL mexican food doesn't use cheese and sour cream. Most authentic tacos don't come with cheese or sour cream.
I've been to some authentic mexican places in Colorado and Texas and California. Is this your own theory or are you just kidding with me?

Do I need to go to old Me-hee-co to find out?

Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
I get my Chipotle in a can and use it sparingly as it is very hot!

Old 10-30-2011, 03:06 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,352,275 times
I love their food... but there are none close to me

I've only been to them while visiting friends.

And i didnt have meat, sour creme, or cheese - and i had delicious combos. I wish there was one nearby.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I realize that it's not fashionable to, I don't know, respond to the actual original post...much better to go off on the same, predictable rant about "fatties," but I'll try.

To me, Chipotle is ho-hum. I got OD'd on it pretty quickly, possibly because I only get the tortilla-less options, and don't eat their meat often, which basically relegates me to a salad or "burrito bowl," and beans, peppers, onions, lettuce, and salsa gets a little boring rather quickly, not to mention the fact that I can use those same ingredients to make something tastier myself at home with minimal effort.

My SO, who is very much a creature of habit and has no problem eating the same boring thing again and again and again loves Chipotle and will eat it until the end of time. He'd gladly eat it for two meals a day, day after day, no problem. But I guess he's allowed, since he's not a "fatty."

Old 10-31-2011, 11:06 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I realize that it's not fashionable to, I don't know, respond to the actual original post...much better to go off on the same, predictable rant about "fatties," but I'll try.

To me, Chipotle is ho-hum. I got OD'd on it pretty quickly, possibly because I only get the tortilla-less options, and don't eat their meat often, which basically relegates me to a salad or "burrito bowl," and beans, peppers, onions, lettuce, and salsa gets a little boring rather quickly, not to mention the fact that I can use those same ingredients to make something tastier myself at home with minimal effort.

My SO, who is very much a creature of habit and has no problem eating the same boring thing again and again and again loves Chipotle and will eat it until the end of time. He'd gladly eat it for two meals a day, day after day, no problem. But I guess he's allowed, since he's not a "fatty."
Same here - I think it's "Ok" at best.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:20 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Same here - I think it's "Ok" at best.
I with you on this too. I love Mexican, Tex-Mex, New Mex, any kind of Mex, but I just don't get Chipotle. Kind of really boring to me. Honestly, I'd rather go to Taco Bell, which is really saying a lot, because I am not, in any way a fan of Taco Bell.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:28 PM

509 posts, read 1,167,981 times
I didn't like it the first few times, but now I like it. It is not bad tasting and, if you consider the size of the burrito you are getting, it is pretty well priced.

I like how I can eat one of these burritos in the late morning and I don't get hungry for the entire rest of the day.

I also like how the only thing that costs extra is extra meat or guacamole. You can have them add fajita vegetables, extra cheese, every salsa, etc. and it is the same price as if you didn't.

The same can not be said for some burrito making competetors such as Panchero's, where they charge you for each extra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink