Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 09:09 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,003,004 times

Advertisements

There is a company that is a leader in the Seafood Business.
Here is their link:
www.pacseafood.com/
You might look at it and under "Products" this is a pull down menu for "Market Reports", take a look at this for the 100% accurate information.

I have copied a sample for April 2012.

I was a Sales Executive for them years ago.

Steelhead
Our Columbia River Steelhead farm is in full production. This product, which is high in Omega oils, is available in dressed, fillets, portions both fresh and frozen forms. If you are looking for a consistent supply of USA product with a low carbon footprint call your sales rep now.
Cold Water Shrimp
Opening day for West Coast Shrimp season is April 1st, and we are looking forward to another good season. Fresh Cooked and Peeled shrimp will be back in supply soon. Check with your sales representative for new season details.
Bottom Fish- Frozen
COD
Pacific
Federal Waters are closed and Alaska State waters are as well, the Bering Sea over all quota is about 90% fulfilled. A large portion of the harvest is in the H&G form and heading to China for further processing. Expect good values to come in the form of twice frozen fillets, loins and portions in mid summer. Good demand has kept firm markets on shore based USA fillets with 4-8s being on the short side of supply, while the best supplies are coming from the 8-16 oz sizes, with good inventories of 16/32s, and 32 up fillets having the least supply available.

And regarding Swai:

Swai
Demand remains steady for Swai in the US as we approach the final days of Lent. Farmers in Vietnam continue to complain that current raw material prices do not support profitable farming efforts. Raw material prices have dropped in Vietnam, the selling market in the US remains slightly unsettled. There are signs that the raw material pricing has bottomed out. But this is always tough to predict. There is also not an abundance of raw material currently in Vietnam..

I might copy more later if interested.

HW aka Capt. Seafood.

Last edited by Hunter Wold; 04-16-2012 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: forgot the link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
When ever I see their products at Costco I buy them if the price is right.

Two years ago Costco had a big sale on fresh frozen halibut from PS. I bought like 30 lbs and tossed it in the freezer. Lots of Cabo Wabo tacos that year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink