Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,377,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Yeah, people have hair, but some people's hair isn't clean. Some people have dandruff. Some hair is covered in hair conditioners, gels etc. Some people have lice. So-----if presented with food that had even one human hair on it from a stranger, I'd pass.
Dandruff is just flakes of dry skin
Lice is good source of vitamin K, 31 other vitamins and nutrients and is a part of this complete breakfast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
In our culture there is a heavy stigma against finding hair in food, yet it is more an aesthetic consideration than a health issue.

Truth be told, most people eat a lot more hair at home than they will ever encounter in restaurants. Matter of fact, I have encountered far more hair in food I've been served in friends' homes than I ever have in restaurants.

It's not nearly as big a deal as a lot of folks make of it.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Like I said none of us knows what goes on behind the kitchen doors and like maggie said 'ignorance is bliss' ... if the young lady had merely said your order will be up shortly ... here, have a glass of ice tea while you wait ... all would have been well with me and the rack of ribs. Do not explain to my hubby the problem with the order in great detail. He was not commenting and she just kept on and on.

I am sorry but I can't join "The Dirty Girls Club." Maybe I can just be an honorary member. ROFL I have a very high tolerance to pain but unfortunately I have a very low gag tolerance and a very vivid imagination ... cooties, oily hair, hair follicle roots, chemical product build-up on hairs, dirty hair. I just can't flick something off and continue eating.

When I was working a group of us went out to lunch to a fast food restaurant. One ordered a vanilla milkshake with her sandwich. When she finished the milkshake she removed the lid and in the bottom was a long hair. I had to get to the bathroom quick, I threw up and it wasn't even my milkshake.

@redd1skng, I don't know when the hats, hairnets and gloves stopped ... I guess they are no long a Health Department Requirement. I do know straws still have to be paper wrapped. LOL

Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Like I said none of us knows what goes on behind the kitchen doors and like maggie said 'ignorance is bliss' ... if the young lady had merely said your order will be up shortly ... here, have a glass of ice tea while you wait ... all would have been well with me and the rack of ribs. Do not explain to my hubby the problem with the order in great detail. He was not commenting and she just kept on and on.

I am sorry but I can't join "The Dirty Girls Club." Maybe I can just be an honorary member. ROFL I have a very high tolerance to pain but unfortunately I have a very low gag tolerance and a very vivid imagination ... cooties, oily hair, hair follicle roots, chemical product build-up on hairs, dirty hair. I just can't flick something off and continue eating.

When I was working a group of us went out to lunch to a fast food restaurant. One ordered a vanilla milkshake with her sandwich. When she finished the milkshake she removed the lid and in the bottom was a long hair. I had to get to the bathroom quick, I threw up and it wasn't even my milkshake.

@redd1skng, I don't know when the hats, hairnets and gloves stopped ... I guess they are no long a Health Department Requirement. I do know straws still have to be paper wrapped. LOL
Clincally that is called taste aversion. You seem to been extra sensative to the power of your thoughts.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

I get what you're saying. It's like me with needles (injections). I don't have to be *getting* a needle to freak out, oh no, it's enough to see someone on TV getting an injection, just seeing the needle itself on TV, thinking about a needle going into skin... ACK! I'm queasy now, just from talking about it.

But, yes, absolutely... be an honorary member. You can choose our hats and t-shirts.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I get what you're saying. It's like me with needles (injections). I don't have to be *getting* a needle to freak out, oh no, it's enough to see someone on TV getting an injection, just seeing the needle itself on TV, thinking about a needle going into skin... ACK! I'm queasy now, just from talking about it.

But, yes, absolutely... be an honorary member. You can choose our hats and t-shirts.
Hats, we get Hats ? Excellent.................

I was thinking something like this :

Tasteful enough for all you Dirty Girls out there ?!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

So much better than the baseball-style caps that I was envisioning!

OMG, those are just hilarious!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

So much better than the baseball-style caps that I was envisioning!

OMG, those are just hilarious!!!
Baseball caps ?!?! Are you out of your mind Lady ?

No, no, no, no Darling we need something which says "class" and what is more classy than wearing a large ice cream cone on your head or a jug of fruity ice tea ?!?

I mean come on , think of the benefits, you look good AND you can have a drink anytime you like ... And if someone stops you in the street to tell you about being "saved" or tries to shove a boring leaflet about something in your hands you can just whack them in the eye with the cone.

These precious and attractive pieces of headwear are beautiful, stylish AND practical. What mere baseball cap could claim to do all this I ask you ? Believe me I am French, I know about those things , being a mere American of course fashion is not your birthright I understand, so simply follow my lead...

For special occasions perhaps something even more classy and dressy like this :

Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Baseball caps ?!?! Are you out of your mind Lady ?

No, no, no, no Darling we need something which says "class" and what is more classy than wearing a large ice cream cone on your head or a jug of fruity ice tea ?!?

I mean come on , think of the benefits, you look good AND you can have a drink anytime you like ... And if someone stops you in the street to tell you about being "saved" or tries to shove a boring leaflet about something in your hands you can just whack them in the eye with the cone.

These precious and attractive pieces of headwear are beautiful, stylish AND practical. What mere baseball cap could claim to do all this I ask you ? Believe me I am French, I know about those things , being a mere American of course fashion is not your birthright I understand, so simply follow my lead...

For special occasions perhaps something even more classy and dressy like this :
Ahhh, how I love you, Moosey!

But, lest you forget, I'm not American... I'm Canadian. From Montreal. I know style. I also know parkas! Ha!

Yes, I shall follow your lead. Any of those hats are fine. The lighter the better, though, since I'm a little girl and don't want to topple over.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Ahhh, how I love you, Moosey!

But, lest you forget, I'm not American... I'm Canadian. From Montreal. I know style. I also know parkas! Ha!

Yes, I shall follow your lead. Any of those hats are fine. The lighter the better, though, since I'm a little girl and don't want to topple over.
Dang I forgot ! Canadian !! Oh Dear, I must grovel now, being called American when you proudly fly the Maple Flag , that must smart. And you are right a fine Quebecoise would most certainly know style. All those long cold winter's night spent knitting by the hearth, trying to remember what summer looks like....

My most abject apologies. I am not worthy.

How about something like this :

or maybe a Royal Blue Fleur de Lys Motif ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink