Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
But fast food restaurants never charge you LESS if you order your sandwich without onions, or cheese, or ketchup. One of my coworkers is on Atkins diet and he orders burgers without buns at McDonald'or Wendy's.

Burger King sells a veggie whopper which is a whopper without meat, so just a veggie sandwich. But they charge the same price as a whopper with meat.
Well exactly. My husband always orders burgers without onions, and they've never given us a credit. Yes, it's only $.10, but it's really the principle of the thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I really do not frequent fast food chains, however today I did

So I order a DBL QTR CH Meal with extra onions while I waiting for it
I look at the receipt and notice a 10 cent charge of the x-tra onions
I ask the lady and she yes that is correct we charge for that

Then the lady behind me orders a coffee and a regular burger
and get's FOUR CREAMERS at no extra cost

It's not the 10 cents it's the principal of not telling me about the cost !

I was really thinking about asking why I was not charged for the EXCESSIVE
Ketchup & Mustard or why I did not received a rebate for only having one pickle

Adding insult to injury the meat was not a big as it is in the picture on the order
board

All this enjoyment for $ 7.70, a mistake I'll NEVER Make AGAIN
At least you were able to get extras. I am anything but a Micky Ds supporter but years ago I did pop in on the way to our son's little league game. I order a fish sandwhich and asked for onions. The answer: our fist sandwhiches do not come with onions. My response was, I am willing to pay for a couple; response, you don't understand, we can not adjust our sandwhiches to suit everyones likes and dislikes. My answer: just give me the sandwhich then and I am guessing I have been in a Micky Ds more than 5 or 6 times since. that was probably 35 yeasrs ago..I guess they really believe in the term: fast food.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Onions are no longer cheap. Grocery shopped lately?

The fast food places have to make up the profits elsewhere when they offer all that one dollar food. Mouser might be the only customer who has ever noticed the extra charge for onions.
Of course they are not cheap, (depending on the time of year) right now is very off season. I did get 3 lbs for $1.69 last week at Aldis..You might be right about most not noticing the additional price, but we should all pay attention. Micky D's is not the least expensive fast food restaurant and certainly not the best either. If they can get away with charging for onions, good for then, but they won't get my business...I will choose Carl Jrs or Burger King anyday or ever Wendy's if I am going to eat fast food...

Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
They charge for everything now, my son wanted three McChickens plain, no sauce or lettuce, with 3 bbq sauce packs. They charged us $0.30 for each what??
If the sandwich came with sauce but we're switching for a different sauce, it should be free.
I asked why we had to pay for sauce and the answer, any sauce over the 1 free "with nuggets only", cost $0.30, this is new, we have been getting free packs of sauce for a long time.
The only way to get free bbq is to say add bbq to the sandwich, if they put it on, it's free.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Onions are no longer cheap. Grocery shopped lately?

The fast food places have to make up the profits elsewhere when they offer all that one dollar food. Mouser might be the only customer who has ever noticed the extra charge for onions.
I happened to notice because it was taking so long (eat in) and yes onions are not
as cheap as they used to be BUT it was A double quarter pounder with cheese

Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
A response TWO DAY'S LATER

Customer response must be REAL busy

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the McDonald's in Peoria, AZ with me. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our service to you.

I am sorry for the unsatisfactory experience during your recent visit. Please be assured that we want to provide you with an exceptional experience every time you visit us. From your email, it is clear we did not meet your expectations. Again, I am truly sorry we disappointed you.

I want you to know that I have already taken action on your feedback. After reading your email, I immediately shared the information you brought to our attention with the local franchise owner of the restaurant you visited. Additionally, customer feedback is reviewed with our regional McDonald's consultants as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our restaurants' operations.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you soon.

McDonald's Customer Response Center

Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,121,030 times
Lovely form letter. They probably tossed it over to the store's email address where it then got deleted.

When I'm stuck with fast food for choices, I usually go to Whataburger where they let you customize the heck out of your burger. A few things get an upcharge, but the menu tells you about it. I've definitely never been charged for my default request of extra pickles or bbq sauce instead of mustard.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
A response TWO DAY'S LATER

Customer response must be REAL busy

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the McDonald's in Peoria, AZ with me. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our service to you.

I am sorry for the unsatisfactory experience during your recent visit. Please be assured that we want to provide you with an exceptional experience every time you visit us. From your email, it is clear we did not meet your expectations. Again, I am truly sorry we disappointed you.

I want you to know that I have already taken action on your feedback. After reading your email, I immediately shared the information you brought to our attention with the local franchise owner of the restaurant you visited. Additionally, customer feedback is reviewed with our regional McDonald's consultants as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our restaurants' operations.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your business and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you soon.

McDonald's Customer Response Center
Boy what a wonderful letter, saying absolutely nothing...Of course I guess you couldn't expect too much more. At least it would have been nice if they could have pretended to address your complaint instead of sending a generic letter...

Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,483,704 times
They should have at least included a coupon for "extra onions" with that lovely letter .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink