Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:59 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,719 times

Advertisements

I don't go there. I'm in Southern California and there are an abundance of cheap Mexican restaurants that are actually very good (especially compared to Taco Bell). The same is true in Nashville, TN - heck, I've had great Mexican food at small towns in rural TN - which makes me suspect that most any town will have a better choice for Mexican food than Taco Bell. Which begs the question, why would anyone eat at Taco Bell?

Last edited by Spikett; 03-06-2013 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: weird italics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,862 times
My husband worked for Taco Bell as a RGM by the way for 10 years. He can attest to the truth in what we are all saying. The 1980s to mid 1990s-great, after that, it went all downhill...

Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
When I worked at Hardee's they had standards for how much roast beef you could slice off. I always thought it looked puny, So I'd add another oz or so. I magine Taco Bell has some sort of standard like that. I still eat there, every one in a while, when I want a good colon cleansing.

Rainroosty made me remember something. Don't ever send your food back, unless you can watch it being made. Even then, with the right slight of hand, anything is possible. You get the "treatment."
Yeah, I'm redoing your steak. here's the new one that I slid down my shorts. Oh, were those your fries I dropped on the ground? Silly me. The ice in your soda loks a bit too cold, let me warm them with my mouth for a minute.

The sick possibilities are endless. Did I ever screw with people's food? Not like that. I did have some idiot say they did'nt get enough chili and cheese sauce on their hotdog last time. They were standing firm.... getting what they wanted. They came off as really, really rude, by the way. If they hadn't, I would've just sauced them up. But, it was like I had personally offended them or something.

So, I gave them exactly what they wanted.

This is a hotdog container.
Foam Hinged Carry Out Containers: Insulated Foam Containers For Food

I took a hotdog and a bun and put it in there. Then I covered it with chili and cheese. Then, I took a scraper and scraped it off even with the top of the hotdog container. Then I stuck it in a bag and handed it to them with the bag held perfectly level. Off they drove.

The moment that bag became not perfectly level, they had a nice bag of wet, greasy chili cheese soaking through.

Thank, you, come again, you righteous prick.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
People's taste buds change over time. And the more hot sauce you use each year, the more you need the next year. In sum, yes it could be you.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
My husband worked for Taco Bell as a RGM by the way for 10 years. He can attest to the truth in what we are all saying. The 1980s to mid 1990s-great, after that, it went all downhill...
yes, how long ago was it that they switched from yellow-corn taco shells
to white-corn shells ? quite a long time. the yellow shells were a more expensive
tastier corn than the white shells.
also i'm sure many thousands still haven't forgiven them for discontinuing
the Chili Cheese Burrito.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,534,131 times
I agree. Appears to me that spices and seasonings are missing out of certain items.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM

278 posts, read 467,777 times
I ate there recently and I don't think I'll ever go again, unless I am stranded. I used to work where TB was the nearest fast food, so I went. I liked the fact that the value meals come with giant drinks, so if I was thirsty I would want to go there. But I practically quit soda. Anyhow the chicken chalupa meal prices went up, so now it is like $7, and I started getting the quesadilla, which has a strong tendency to be shorted meat or over sauced.

Plus they have zero continuity in their staff, which means they don't treat people well; I'd say if you want a bad meal it is a tossup between TB and BK.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 PM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Did anyone read about the "horse meat" and contaminated chicken that is plaguing Yum Brands (parent company of Taco Bell and KFC)? They found horse DNA in the meat samples and harmful drugs used in horse breeding that are harmful for humans. Google it

Safe to say I'm all done with those brands for awhile.......

Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Taco Bell's nachos Bell Grande used to have chopped green onions and black olives in addition to the cheese sauce, beans, sour cream and chopped tomatoes. And guacamole. Now they suck, and look bleh.

We still have a Del Taco in our area, but I really miss Naugles. Sometimes the kids ask for Del Taco and I'll get the Bacon Double Del Cheeseburger with a side of nachos. But the kids hardly ever ask or Taco Bell. Their best item is the caramel apple empanadas.
Ha! "Naugles"...flash back to high school, that was the only place open all night in our town. Everyone went there after getting high...was the food good? Who knows...I can't remember what I got...but we always got a big bag of food, and munched it down.

Taco Bell...I always like Taco Time better, or even El Pollo Loco, or...there was this burrito place, with real authentic tex mex...small chain in Utah...awesome tacos.

Taco Bell is cheap eats. Dont expect gourmet. It is a taco...mass produced. Chipolte is better...but costs more too.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
I remeber Naugles... In fact the tB here used to be a Naugles. They stopped putting the green onions on the items because they could not clean them well enough to guarantee there would not be food poisoning issues... they had problems with some type of that on those onions a few years back... ecoli or something. Can't remember what though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink