Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 01:51 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Not sure about those left over grits. We always fed them to the chickens. They loved them though.
Fry 'em up and put syrup on them! Yum OOPs, just saw where elston said the same thing! I posted this before I saw it! They are good though, aren't they?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:19 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Fry 'em up and put syrup on them! Yum OOPs, just saw where elston said the same thing! I posted this before I saw it! They are good though, aren't they?
finger lickin' good!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:37 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Alright, so my daughter decided what we are having for dinner... She said... Why don't we have "our-old-stand-by"? Which is what I call my quick and easy LF chicken breast. I dip it in FF Dressing - tonight it is FF Red Wine Vin with added chopped up onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning...and then I roll it in bread crumbs and bake it... comes out crispy and delicious with only about 5 grams of fat. Yummy and healthy... Carrots with Garlic/EVOO/Italian Season/Salt & Pepper....Brussel Sprouts... and a Salad loaded w/ veg and FF dressing... very low in WW Points GO ME!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:40 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My clam chowdah turned out great......I also threw some jumbo shrimp into the creamy goodness its cooling now....its cold enough outside that I put it on the deck to cool.
mmmmm! I'd offer to bring warm, fresh bread and trade a cup of chowder for a slice of homemade pizza if I didn't have to drive five hours!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:46 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Alright, so my daughter decided what we are having for dinner... She said... Why don't we have "our-old-stand-by"? Which is what I call my quick and easy LF chicken breast. I dip it in FF Dressing - tonight it is FF Red Wine Vin with added chopped up onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning...and then I roll it in bread crumbs and bake it... comes out crispy and delicious with only about 5 grams of fat. Yummy and healthy... Carrots with Garlic/EVOO/Italian Season/Salt & Pepper....Brussel Sprouts... and a Salad loaded w/ veg and FF dressing... very low in WW Points GO ME!
skbs - FF is fat free?

Old 10-03-2008, 02:54 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Default Neighborly thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
mmmmm! I'd offer to bring warm, fresh bread and trade a cup of chowder for a slice of homemade pizza if I didn't have to drive five hours!
Maine Writer, very nice to see you.

The very idea of a visit is warm and neighborly......but dang.....Maine is a huge state, at least by New England standards. The chowdah really came out good...the shrimp arent traditional but.... I had about 8 really nice big ones raw....so at the end.....in they went. Loverly sweet cream, onions sauted in rendered salt pork, Maine potatoes, some Snow's clams.....didnt have any fresh quohogs.... and there you are !

Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
skbs - FF is fat free?
YUP... FF is Fat Free I like to use Fat Free most of the time... grew up on it... so I can't tell the difference- especially when it is cooked onto the chicken. I try to cook most of my food Low Fat the majority of the time... and now that Hubby has joined Wt Watchers it is a bit of a MUST DO!

Old 10-03-2008, 03:06 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Maine Writer, very nice to see you.

The very idea of a visit is warm and neighborly......but dang.....Maine is a huge state, at least by New England standards. The chowdah really came out good...the shrimp arent traditional but.... I had about 8 really nice big ones raw....so at the end.....in they went. Loverly sweet cream, onions sauted in rendered salt pork, Maine potatoes, some Snow's clams.....didnt have any fresh quohogs.... and there you are !
You are making my mouth water. Clams are the one thing that I really miss from the Northeast. Just don't get good one in Louisiana

Old 10-03-2008, 03:42 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Jesse-it's torture-I miss clams,mussels-all fresh seafood.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:47 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,991 times
Tonight was butternut squash soup. I got them at the farmer's market Saturday and we were going to try to make it earlier in the week but a life emergency got in the way - fortunately they were fine (as is my daughter) - I think squash keeps really well.

We had tried to make it once before but I got acorn squash for some reason thinking they were butternut, and couldn't figure out why it tasted so strange. It wasn't horrible soup, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Tonight's turned out really well - I didn't make it, my wife did (she did the Acorn squash too and learned a few tricks). Had a salad with fresh vegetables and apples in a simple vinagrette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink