Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,218,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
movingtohouston that is great news! its so exciting when you have struggled with kids - even kids without adhd - and then it seems that suddenly something has clicked for them. Its wonderful! I'm happy for you, and most of all happy for him. He must be on cloud 9 today knowing that he made that decision! I hope this med works for him. I don't have any children with adhd, but I did babysit for one, and I know that trying to find the right meds can be horrible. Good luck with him.
Thanks we have been having some difficulties lately, middle school stinks to tell ya the truth, issues with teachers not being helpful with school work, his not making friends, for once it is something good not bad. That is what makes me so happy. Today is a happy day.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 AM

27,385 posts, read 27,431,542 times
I made a huge pot of chicken stew, which included all the leftovers from the past 4 nights. Not only did everyone devour it, but there were no leftovers for my s i l to take to work for his lunch today!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,964,523 times
Its always nice when you know everyone loves it like that!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:09 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,345,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Thanks we have been having some difficulties lately, middle school stinks to tell ya the truth, issues with teachers not being helpful with school work, his not making friends, for once it is something good not bad. That is what makes me so happy. Today is a happy day.
Just so you know you and your son are not alone in how you feel---both of my children, they are now grown adults, hated middle school for all the same reasons you have given. It's a difficult age for kids and it seems middle schools lack a lot in working with this age group. I totally understand!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I made a huge pot of chicken stew, which included all the leftovers from the past 4 nights. Not only did everyone devour it, but there were no leftovers for my s i l to take to work for his lunch today!
I wish I knew just how to put an assortment of items into a pot and make it taste good! Some people just have the knack!! That's what makes a good cook! As much as I read here and learn it isn't something that comes "natural" to me. I have to have a recipe that I trust -- usually a recipe from this thread!! You and your family are lucky!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:30 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,755,737 times
Cyn...it is so simple. Take what spices and foods that taste good to you..toss it in a pot and Voila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soups, I add beef bouillion and chicken bouillion along with the broths...gives that extra flavor.

Just my 2 cents ................

Old 02-21-2008, 10:30 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,218,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I wish I knew just how to put an assortment of items into a pot and make it taste good! Some people just have the knack!! That's what makes a good cook! As much as I read here and learn it isn't something that comes "natural" to me. I have to have a recipe that I trust -- usually a recipe from this thread!! You and your family are lucky!!!
I can't cook that way either. I have to have a recipe to follow. No recipe and it is a disaster. My husband on the otherhand is one of those who can take 4 weird ingredients and make something amazing. Makes me so mad. So whenever we get down to bare bones in the house, it is his turn to cook, because I look at the bare shelves and can't find anything to make a recipe work and looks at it and whips something up. Argh!!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:42 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,952,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Just so you know you and your son are not alone in how you feel---both of my children, they are now grown adults, hated middle school for all the same reasons you have given. It's a difficult age for kids and it seems middle schools lack a lot in working with this age group. I totally understand!
Middle school is rough and it is a crazy time for kids (and their teachers ). But trust me, we do all kinds of things to try and make everyone feel welcomed and special....but it seems a lot of the manners and respect and stuff are now replaced by bullying and put downs.

Back on topic (kind of ): Just ate a ham and swiss sandwich on multi-grain bread for lunch....it was good. (yes, my lunch here is at 10.20 am!!) Middle school schedules = crazy!!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:45 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,875,228 times
MovingToHouston-that's a wonderful story about your son-we have every right to be proud and we're sharing it with you.

Middle school is a horrible time. My grandson-a very easy going kid was being bullied terribly. My daughter enrolled him in boxing class. Well-one day the bully went to far and my grandson knocked him with one punch! Of course-in hindsight he shouldn't have-but he never was bullied again and the school realized he was not entirely in the wrong.

Fast forward to Freshman year and the HS finds out the bully has a hit list and guess who was #1? So frightening but they took proper measures.

Being a parent is the hardest job on earth and you've done well.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Middle school is rough and it is a crazy time for kids (and their teachers ). But trust me, we do all kinds of things to try and make everyone feel welcomed and special....but it seems a lot of the manners and respect and stuff are now replaced by bullying and put downs.

Back on topic (kind of ): Just ate a ham and swiss sandwich on multi-grain bread for lunch....it was good. (yes, my lunch here is at 10.20 am!!) Middle school schedules = crazy!!
You are right here...a lot of how a kid acts in school depends on how his/her home life is. I sure appreciate people like you who do the extra effort to work with this age of child. It sure isn't an easy age for anyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink