Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 08:54 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,305 times

Advertisements

Lacey... wishing the best for your DH with his tests! Life has it's challenges
and we are all in your corner pulling for your DH.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
Lacey......also thinking about your hubby!

I spent last night on the couch as I was coughing whatever I could up and out of me....... Still feel cruddy and wish I could be home in bed.

The dance show was a success for my first time I would say. Getting suggestions/ideas from my students today as to what will make the Spring show even better. Boy am I glad that is over with though....now tonight is musical auditions.

Anyway, dinner tonight is pork chops (either baked or grilled -- not sure yet), stuffing (can't get enough of it ), and broccoli and cheese sauce. And a cold glass of milk sounds pretty nice for my throat right about now, but the phlem doesn't like it too much.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Thank you all for the wishes-you make us feel so good.

Test was yucky and long-good old drink of barium!!!! He's not a happy camper right now.

Highlands-please feel better and congratulations on a successful show!

Still have no clue-have to play it by ear for awhile.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Lacey......also thinking about your hubby!

I spent last night on the couch as I was coughing whatever I could up and out of me....... Still feel cruddy and wish I could be home in bed.

The dance show was a success for my first time I would say. Getting suggestions/ideas from my students today as to what will make the Spring show even better. Boy am I glad that is over with though....now tonight is musical auditions.

Anyway, dinner tonight is pork chops (either baked or grilled -- not sure yet), stuffing (can't get enough of it ), and broccoli and cheese sauce. And a cold glass of milk sounds pretty nice for my throat right about now, but the phlem doesn't like it too much.
Well done for getting though the show despite your cold! Poor you

Have you tried hot tea with lots of fresh grated ginger, honey and lemon? helps clear the tubes and the sinuses (and honey helps the throat). Horseradish does too, have some with your broccoli!

I'm the same with the stuffing addiction, love it! Bought two more boxes yesterday and I'm thinking of making some for lunch

Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thank you all for the wishes-you make us feel so good.

Test was yucky and long-good old drink of barium!!!! He's not a happy camper right now.

Highlands-please feel better and congratulations on a successful show!

Still have no clue-have to play it by ear for awhile.
Thanks Lacey. You can tell your hubby I cried like a big ole baby when I did my barium thing. They were getting frustrated with me because I couldn't chug that stuff down......

Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Morning all. Got a quick question, is salisbury steak the same thing as cube steak? I have a pack that came in the meat package we brought home and have no idea what to do with it.

Traditional Salisbury steak is ground beef shaped like a steak, I guess some marketing whiz-bang figured "Salisbury Steak" sounded more appealing/expensive than 'chopped meat'.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
For those of you coughing at night...I read on another thread here about homemade health remedies and one told of using Vicks on your feet! I did some reading about it online and it sure sounded like it works. Can't hurt to try!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
For those of you coughing at night...I read on another thread here about homemade health remedies and one told of using Vicks on your feet! I did some reading about it online and it sure sounded like it works. Can't hurt to try!
Does work!!!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
A doctor once told me to control nighttime coughing by letting a sip of liquid Mylanta ease down your throat before you lay down. If you get a drink of water or swallow a lot, more than one sip may be needed.

It doesn't matter whether you have a stomach ache at the time. This is just to coat the throat with moisture that will stay on the throat and soothe it.

Don't use Pepto Bismol, because it has aspirin in it which actually irritates the throat more.

His tip has made the difference on more than one occasion between getting almost no sleep to getting a few critical hours of welcome relief when sick.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:15 AM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Does work!!!!!
Yes it does! Just don't forget your socks ha ha ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink