Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 02:27 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times

Advertisements

I actually did a little suntanning today. The temp here climbed to 73. Am off on the weekends from cooking! Maybe just a chicken salad tonight. I did make a home made Apple Pie a couple of hours ago! MMMMMMMMMM, the whole house smells yummy! Have to go out and get some Hagen Daz ice cream....there goes my diet!

Old 02-07-2009, 02:29 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,170 times
Hi, all! It's 70 degrees here today. I picked another bag full of lemons off my tree and juiced some and they are in the freezer in ice trays. Still have whole bunch of lemons...I will have neighbor's kids to come over and pick some to take home.

Made some corn chowder using ham bone from last night.

Tonight I will use some of the left over roast in gravy to make beef stroganoff. I'll serve that with some egg noodles and buttered peas.

skbs, enjoy girl's night out.
Monica, the pie recipe sounds good. If I liked bananas, I'd try it, but I only like bananas cooked. Weird, huh?

Old 02-07-2009, 02:40 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Thanks for all the welcome backs, and the recipes! I decided to make a tried and true casserole - Texas Hash - that is always filling and easy! of course, with beef, rice, cheese and Ro-tel, how could you go wrong?? LOL

DH enjoyed it and now we are both nap-bound!

Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Tender mouth jumped on the offer of fried potato sandwiches for dinner....Getting something I like and didn't have to apply any pressure at all....I sure this dinner will have an extension later in the evening...

Old 02-07-2009, 03:37 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
I just finished reading all the posts here. I will say I now have spring fever!!!!!
Still can't work in the garden as it is a frozen tundra but I can sue my imagination.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:46 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I want the whole front of my house to have rose bushes this year!!
That sounds sooo lovely! Will you please post some pictures of it in June?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Hi, all! It's 70 degrees here today. I picked another bag full of lemons off my tree and juiced some and they are in the freezer in ice trays. Still have whole bunch of lemons...I will have neighbor's kids to come over and pick some to take home.

Made some corn chowder using ham bone from last night.
I am so jealous of your lemon tree. I just bought two sacks of lemons at Target for 2.99 each and I am about to mix up a batch of lemonade for DH and me.

Soup sounds great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I just finished reading all the posts here. I will say I now have spring fever!!!!!
Still can't work in the garden as it is a frozen tundra but I can sue my imagination.
I love spring fever!! I have a few seedlings (basil, parsley, jalapeno) on my dining room table that just popped up, and I am going to start several more tomorrow in these tiny peat pots I bought.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:57 PM

849 posts, read 1,953,170 times
Debsi, I wish I had green thumb. I'd love to have basil, cilantro and jalapeno plants. I may try it this year. Only thing I have in abundance are lemons, because all I have to do is water now and then and fertilize three times a year. I sent a box of lemons to my friend in Utah. She couldn't believe how big and juicy they were. It probably cost me more to ship them than for her to buy them at store, but they really are so much better fresh off the tree.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:01 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkzone View Post
Debsi, I wish I had green thumb. I'd love to have basil, cilantro and jalapeno plants. I may try it this year. Only thing I have in abundance are lemons, because all I have to do is water now and then and fertilize three times a year. I sent a box of lemons to my friend in Utah. She couldn't believe how big and juicy they were. It probably cost me more to ship them than for her to buy them at store, but they really are so much better fresh off the tree.
You can do all 3 of these in containers.

Basil and jalapeno love the hot sun, you should do well growing them.

Cilantro is harder to grow successfully because the hot sun makes it want to "bolt" which means that instead of a crop of leafy green cilantro you'll end up with a crop of cilantro berries -- aka coriander seeds. Try growing some early in spring before summer's heat sets in.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:03 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I actually did a little suntanning today. The temp here climbed to 73. Am off on the weekends from cooking! Maybe just a chicken salad tonight. I did make a home made Apple Pie a couple of hours ago! MMMMMMMMMM, the whole house smells yummy! Have to go out and get some Hagen Daz ice cream....there goes my diet!
I am thinking I have welcomed you twice to this thread---oh well--just means you are really welcomed! Ha!

Old 02-07-2009, 04:04 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post

I am so jealous of your lemon tree. I just bought two sacks of lemons at Target for 2.99 each and I am about to mix up a batch of lemonade for DH and me.
Debsi if it makes you feel any better I have a banana tree to go with an orange tree....Lemon and avocados are all close around me...

Dinner was great..I did have a whole wedged up tomato along with the potato sandwich....I can't keep up here if I don't check in often...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink