Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Mornin' everyone! Well at least I still am connected to my DSL...that is a good start to the day. I am considering hot roast beef sandwiches, gravy with mashed potatoes and corn tonight. So easy and yet so good. When I cooked up that roast last week I had hubby slice the leftover roast into thin slices on his meat slicer and I froze several packages with gravy in each. Now all I have to do is thaw a container, whip up some mashed potatoes and cook up the corn. I love this kind of meal.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,248,044 times
Good Morning All!

Lacey, you sound like you had a great nights sleep. How are you feeling?

Cyn, I did the same thing last weekend with the eye round. I too, have several packs in the freezer. I am not sure if I had written a sure fire easy recipe for the eye round a couple of weeks ago. If I didn't let me know.

Elston, that roast last night sounds out of this world. Can I rent a room from you? I can only imagine what you will be making for the Maine winters.

Tonight we are going to Texas Steakhouse for dinner.

We will have the eggplant parm tomorrow.
Company on Sunday, still thinking about what to make with the Lasagna. I know that I am making sundried tomato jam with goat cheese crostini as an app.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
Happy Friday! Tonight we are going to have a steak dinner at the VFW. I'm usually the one serving but tonight I will be on the other end for a change! I think elston should open a CD Inn for all of us to stay there and have some delicious food and enjoy his wonderful gardens!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Tonight we will be hitting the town and having cocktails!! Food, what's that?

This weekend I am excited to make my first pesto of the summer. I have two big basil plants going, I am going to strip them down and puree the leaves with garlic, walnuts, parmesan, olive oil, and italian parsley.

Then I'm going to make a wonderful recipe from 365 Ways to Cook Pasta that has chicken breast, penne or farfalle, pesto, cherry tomatoes, and walnuts. You can eat it warm, room temp, or cold. I think I might add some thinly sliced zucchinni this time too.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:57 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Debsi, the chicken breast, pasta and pesto sounds like a wonderful summer dinner.

I didn't get to the store last night and won't today, so I didn't get the ground beef for the stuffed peppers and "meatballs" I was going to make in the crock pot this weekend; we'll be too busy tomorrow to stop then. I already convinced myself that I really don't want to cook this weekend though.

With that in mind, I just took a pork loin out of the freezer, a couple of which I had previously stuffed, rolled, and put away during one of my more adventurous, creative moments. I'll make it for dinner tonight and have leftovers for tomorrow at least. It's stuffed with sweet potatoes and granny smith apples, (which were slow cooked in brown sugar, dark rum and cinnamon), spinach, bread crumbs, molasses, and a three cheese blend of feta, mozzarella, and parmesan. It needs a gravy so I guess I'll sear it prior to baking, in order to deglaze the pan with chicken broth and dry white wine. I haven't decided yet what I should serve with it, which wouldn't necessitate a trip to the store.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Pork & yellow rice, broccoli with cheese sauce, & some red ripe tomato wedges. Well the schemes of mice and cooks just got the best of this idea. Upon venturing into the cupboards there is no yellow rice to be found. So back to the imagination for while. Most likely back to the cell phone for a joint confab. No matter what I find in the fridge/freezer nothing sounds like it fits the ole tummy today. Not even BBQ. Not this is getting serious when BBQ is not sounding good. Maybe the Mrs will have a favorable opinion of fillet of sole and bring some home some with a key lime pie I'm a craving.

Last edited by Nomadicus; 07-25-2008 at 11:47 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Some serious cooking going on here!!!

Thanks Kelsie-feel great.

Denise what a great idea "Elston's CD B&B"-heck we'll even clean up.

Boneless chicken breasts tonight-not sure how and maybe rice n beans.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Only something light for me.

DH went to Burger King on his way home from work and I had wraps with chicken breast and salad.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Some serious cooking going on here!!!

Dang! Dropping 14lbs has limted my sense of cooking adventure but having my aging, creaky, football knees back on speaking terms has been wirth it. Another 10lbs or so and there's gonna have to be something good on the table

Old 07-25-2008, 10:47 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Dang! Dropping 14lbs has limted my sense of cooking adventure but having my aging, creaky, football knees back on speaking terms has been wirth it. Another 10lbs or so and there's gonna have to be something good on the table
Good job! Keep on going!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink