Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 01:26 PM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
It may be healthy, but it is not GF.
True, but it has very low GI. Perhaps it's worth a try.

OP probably need to clarify why he looks wheat free bread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2022, 02:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
My wife has Celiac Disease and over the years (and decades) has tried most of the commercially made GF Breads, including those from Udi's, Canyon Bakehouse, and Schär. As oregonwoodsmoke noted, none of them are very good, but some are better than others. She had about given up hope of ever finding a great tasting GF bread, but then came across a "pumkinickel" GF bread made in North Carolina by Shiloh's Five Loaves, inc. under the brand name of Simple Kneads. She found it in the fresh (as opposed to frozen) bread section of both Whole Foods and Kroger at our new home city of Savannah. She says that it is by far the best GF bread she's ever eaten and compares it favorably with "regular" bread.

https://www.simplekneads.com/
There's a rice bread WF carries, that's fine for toast. I think it's probably too dense to make a good French toast, and would be very carby as a sandwich, unless just an open-faced one. But I like it as toast with cheese, or avocado toast. Unfortunately, during Covid, that brand had to discontinue their red rice bread, and their black rice bread. Demand fell off, I guess. Their red rice (an heirloom variety of rice from the Himalayas) bread was my favorite. I figure, the more color a grain has, the more nutrients it has. Like vegetables: red lettuce--more nutrients than iceberg lettuce or green.

Your wife could try the NAET allergy elimination technique mentioned earlier. There's another similar treatment called BioSet, which is even better. I had wheat/gluten antibodies (not full-blown Celiac, but C. does run through the male line on one side of the family), until I got the allergy elimination technique. One treatment did the trick, no more antibodies when I eat wheat. I don't know if it would eliminate the symptoms completely for someone with full-blown Celiac, but it would be worth a try. You could do an internet search for practitioners in your area. It's a non-medical technique. It programs your body to not be allergic anymore.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:53 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your wife could try the NAET allergy elimination technique mentioned earlier. There's another similar treatment called BioSet, which is even better. I had wheat/gluten antibodies (not full-blown Celiac, but C. does run through the male line on one side of the family), until I got the allergy elimination technique. One treatment did the trick, no more antibodies when I eat wheat. I don't know if it would eliminate the symptoms completely for someone with full-blown Celiac, but it would be worth a try. You could do an internet search for practitioners in your area. It's a non-medical technique. It programs your body to not be allergic anymore.
Hi, Ruth. I appreciate the suggestion, but Celiac Disease is not a food allergy or intolerance; it is an autoimmune disease. Anecdotal reports to the contrary, NAET can do absolutely nothing for an autoimmune reaction to gluten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink