Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:06 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times

Advertisements

Every so often I'll go through the drive through for a mocha frappe....they are cheaper than Starbuck's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Southwest salad, Sweet Tea, Fish Filet,small fries and cookies, To go please.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:17 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I agree with you.

The same foodies who are perpetually harping against the food at Wendy's and McDonald's are the ones inviting me to head to a place that serves half-pound burgers and other oversized portions.

Fast food meals are not my favorites but they are very convenient and affordable.

My sister is like that...she hasn't eaten at McDonald's in 5 years because it's unhealthy, but some months she and her husband spend 1K dining out. We go to dinner with them sometimes when we can't think of a good excuse or know they're coming into town long enough in advance to throw something in the crock pot (makes a great excuse for why we can't go to dinner with them) and my sister will order ridiculous amounts of food. For example, we go to Fuddruckers, and she gets a 1/2 lb burger, basket of fries, a taco salad, nachos, a milkshake and a couple of brownies. Then she eats part of everything and puts the rest in a takeout carton to take home. When she gets home, she chops up all the leftover food, stirs it all together and puts it into tortillas (where's that barfing emoticon when you need it?) for her husband to take to work for lunch all week.

She gets food poisoning two or three times a month. It's not surprising because she treats her body like a garbage truck. She thinks as long as she spends $50 on a meal, it's going to be healthier for her than spending $5 at McDonalds.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:18 PM

758 posts, read 1,640,489 times
Occasionally (like maybe once a month or so), I'll get some hash browns on the weekend. McD used to be in our regular fast food rotation (we do fast food about once a week for dinner), but they got rid of all the chicken I liked. I was sad when they got rid of the McBites, but I realized it was a promotional item. But when they got rid of the Selects? That was it for me. Even though their McNuggets are a bit better than they were back in the day, they still taste like crap to me. There is plenty of other bad (and bad for me) food I can waste my money on.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 PM

246 posts, read 374,937 times
Sure I do. Not every day & sometimes I may not get fast food for weeks, but I don't see any harm in getting a quarter pounder value meal once in a while. We usually will get fast food when on long road trips or if we are running around town & need a quick bite.

Just like everything in life, it is all about moderation. The less you can eat fast food, the better, but getting a burger at McDonalds, BK, Wendy's etc on occasion will not kill you, make you gain 40 pounds, or give you diabetes.

Now, eating there 2-3 times a day...that's a whole different story.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM

246 posts, read 374,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
For example, we go to Fuddruckers...
You can stop right there. Fuddruckers is nothing more than expensive fast food. McDonalds with table service. Chills, Applebees, etc. They are all just as unhealthy & bad for you as any fast food drive thru.

I'm pretty sure the foodies that jlawrence01 was referencing are not dining at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
I usually eat fast food in airports or on road trips. McDonald's is no worse than any other fast food establishments as far as I am concerned. I used to enjoy Wendy's chicken sandwich but now it is a tiny bit of a breast that is usually over-cooked and as dry as the desert. I don't know if McDonald's has a similar menu item and probably won't find out for awhile because I have no trips on the horizon.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,425,270 times
Every Wednesday, Bowling and then MacDonald's for lunch..
It's my job....

Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,547,556 times
I don't eat there. Last time was in 2009 with relatives in Australia.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM

8,079 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
McDonalds got such a bad rap back in the early 00's so I was wondering if anyone still actually ate there. I know other fast food joints like Arby's and Taco Bell are just as bad, if not worse but they did not seem to get as much bad publicity as McD's. If you eat there, how often and what do you usually order?
LOL Congress and the I.R.S. always get a bad rap, too, but somehow they stay in business! You're talking about the #1 so they will always be the one named as the "bad guy" even when talking about fast food in general.

I usually get a double cheeseburger off the dollar menu, wife gets a salad, and the kids get 20 chicken nuggets or a Big Mac. Sometimes we go to the drive thru just for shakes.

If you go to McDonald's in France you can't order a Quarter Pounder with Cheese. It's called a "Royale wit Cheese" because of the metric system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink