Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times

Advertisements

30 years ago i thought MacDonalds wouldnt be around long as people would get bored of a restaurant that just sells burgers fries and coke.. i know nothing
I go there when i'm on the road traveling as its one of the few places to get food at 3am although if theres a Waffle House close by then thats where i'll go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 PM

384 posts, read 594,651 times
I work at McDonald's, does that count?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
I go whenever I have my grandkids, by their choice. I always get a Big Mac.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:47 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,957,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
30 years ago i thought MacDonalds wouldnt be around long as people would get bored of a restaurant that just sells burgers fries and coke.. i know nothing
I go there when i'm on the road traveling as its one of the few places to get food at 3am although if theres a Waffle House close by then thats where i'll go.
Jambo, 30 years ago, McDonald's was firmly entrenched in the landscape. My first experience with a Mickey D's burger was around 1960. It cost 19 cents. Fries and a small coke and my lunch was still under a buck. Of course, I was only making $65.00/wk. I didn't splurge very often.

I didn't drive at the time and when we had the opportunity to go to a fast food place, my kids thought we were rich!!

I am amazed at the number of people who eat at McD's on a regular basis. To me, it's more of a "help me rake leaves, we'll go to McD's." Or, "wash my car, I'll buy you a burger." Sometimes, I'll treat my two dancing granddaughters to lunch after dance class, but even then, it's not every time.

Love it or hate it, fast food, like Walmart, is here to stay.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
McDonalds got such a bad rap back in the early 00's so I was wondering if anyone still actually ate there. I know other fast food joints like Arby's and Taco Bell are just as bad, if not worse but they did not seem to get as much bad publicity as McD's. If you eat there, how often and what do you usually order?
I stopped eating there for several years but there's one really close to my house and if the mood strikes, I'll stop in for a burger (quarter pounder w/cheese) and fries. I limit my visits to once or twice a month, but I don't go every month.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:10 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
I eat there 2 or 3 times a year. It's always a sausage mcmuffin (no egg) and 2 hash browns. Sometimes I spring for coffee too.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:19 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,706 times
I'm surprised at the number of replys this thread has generated.

I have not eaten at at McD's in 10+ years, mainly because I think their food tastes like cardboard. So does Sonic.

When I go for a burger or any kind of fast food I usually go to Five Guys or Wendy's which typically happens about once or twice a month. I'll get a double burger with all the fixins, large fries w/ranch dressing and a water.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:35 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
McDonalds got such a bad rap back in the early 00's so I was wondering if anyone still actually ate there. I know other fast food joints like Arby's and Taco Bell are just as bad, if not worse but they did not seem to get as much bad publicity as McD's. If you eat there, how often and what do you usually order?
Once a month. Either a Big Mac, Quarter Pounder with cheese, Third Pounder, or McNuggets with fries.

I know it's bad, and I know where to get better food, but sometimes I just WANT it! Be jealous.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 PM

993 posts, read 1,561,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
What bad rap did McDonald's get? Any restaurant can be unhealthy if you make bad choices. I would rate Cheesecake Factory as ten times worse than McDonald's.
This is so true! The trans fat situation at Cheesecake Factory is out of control! Really, the question should be, "who still eats at chain restaurants, despite knowing how awful the quality and management of the food is?" And the answer would be the same: a lot of people.

Anyway, my parents made sure that my sister and I never got into the fast food habit - we'd have it maybe once a year - and I'm thankful for that. Home cooking is the way to go! It can be tedious, but it's worth it.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:53 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
I haven't eaten there in months... And never will again... I called their toll free number to complain when they gave me a half-filled large fry cup... They could care less... I go to other places for my hamburger fix... McD is not the same anymore, no customer service, all they want is your money and pretend like you matter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink