Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times

Advertisements

Nope, I tear flesh from bone. The woman I would be dating/ marrying must do the same or no deal.

There are far too many steaks to eat to be annoyed by someone who would object to me eating them.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
Hmmm, I just had a hankering for a couple of pieces of bacon and cooked some. Makes me wonder how a live-in veggie partner would handle the smell of cooking bacon and my devouring the delectable pieces of porcine.

Dating would work okay but the next steps, now I am not so sure about.
I was vegetarian for years and always lived with omnivores. They loved that I never ate their bacon.

I'd date a vegetarian if they didn't try to dictate what I ate.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:55 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
Hmmm, I just had a hankering for a couple of pieces of bacon and cooked some. Makes me wonder how a live-in veggie partner would handle the smell of cooking bacon and my devouring the delectable pieces of porcine.

Dating would work okay but the next steps, now I am not so sure about.
To me, that would be the issue. It's like smoking. I know very few non-smokers who can live with a smoker without constantly trying to reform them. Even aside from the indisputable health situation, they are turned off by the sights and smells that go along with the habit.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzz View Post
I dated a vegan for a few years, and a handful of vegetarians. It wasn't really a big deal. Although, I'm not a person who feels like I "need" to eat meat. Gluten free and no carb people are harder to deal with, IMO.
Hear, hear!
I don't eat meat, but I date lots of carnivores. It's not usually a problem.
The problems stem from gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, HFCS-free people. What a pain in the butt.
I won't even go out to eat with my BFF any more. She tells me to pick a restaurant, then vetoes all of them, saying she can't eat anything there.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:15 AM

84 posts, read 105,863 times
Does being a plant based pescatarian count as a full "meat eater?"

Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,477,650 times
I've known a vegetarian female friend who tried to give up eggs, but couldn't, so just stuck with vegetarian everything else. She ended up giving it up altogether because...
1) doctor's orders to cut back on carbs and avoid soy. She claimed it was too restrictive without soy.
2) her boyfriend and now husband is a meat eater and was fine with her vegetarianism, but it has been easier to cook meals now that meat's back on the table for both of them.

As for me, in theory I'd try to make it work, but as others have posted, in practice I don't know if it would work out.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:00 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsthejam View Post
Does being a plant based pescatarian count as a full "meat eater?"
It means you eat meat yes, unless you're like Bill Clinton and only eat fish every once in a blue moon then I'd consider you a meat eater or fish eater to be more precise.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:06 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Works in my family.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:22 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Everything has protein. All life has it. The most abundant protein on earth is a plant enzyme called ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase. How do you think animals make protein? It comes from plants, not thin air.
No hell no, because of this right here. Every vegan or vegetarian I've ever known spent most of their time arguing with me about eating meat. I'm a carnivore. Deal with it. I don't care what you eat or don't eat, just. shut. up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Hear, hear!
I don't eat meat, but I date lots of carnivores. It's not usually a problem.
The problems stem from gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, HFCS-free people. What a pain in the butt.
I won't even go out to eat with my BFF any more. She tells me to pick a restaurant, then vetoes all of them, saying she can't eat anything there.
I agree with this. I'm sorry if your diet restricts you so much. How about I'll bring something to your house that I can eat and you can cook for yourself. Oh wait, can't do that either, because then they say, "Oh I am so jealous that you can eat that, please don't do it in front of me."

Old 07-07-2014, 07:30 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,513,370 times
Vegan and vegetarian women are too high-maintenance for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink