Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 02:44 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,042,466 times

Advertisements

Well, you can have it in a standard sandwich. You know, two slices of bread with stuff between. Although you've already done that and sound a bit bored with it already.

You can take the same sandwich fillings - in this case your balogna/baloney - and put it on flour tortillas, roll them up and then cut them into slices. We call those rollups, dunno what everyone else calls them.

You can do either of the above with fried balogna for a different version.

You can slice up the bologna into thin strips and put it on a chef's salad.

You can dice it up and add it to scrambled eggs or an omelet.

You can dice it up and put it in macaroni and cheese.

You could probably dice it up and put it in chili, although that's getting towards odd.

You can take a small fancy cookie cutter and cut the bologna up into cutsie little shapes. Get a cracker, add a dab of cream cheese, stick a cutsie bologna shape on it and stab it with a toothpick that has an olive on it. Voila! Canapes.

Roll them up with the cream cheese inside and say they are carnivore's cannoli.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 05:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I cannot find Roman Meal in my Publix here in Miami. OP made me nostalgic. Sheez, I will want vienna sausages next or maybe deviled ham.
OK, Vienna sausages....2 times a year!
Spaghettios once every 2 years!
And the baloney sandwiches 2 times a year.
2 hot dogs a year!
(Not once did I ever have Mac and cheese as a child!!)

Don't care how they are made...I'll survive 'em.
It's all childhood food in front
of cartoons....and my eyes are FINE, also.

But the stress from naysayers is what is shortening my life!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 03-11-2015 at 06:03 AM..

Old 03-11-2015, 06:34 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
^^^ Family never made mac and cheese which was a plus as just smelling the school cafeteria version put me off it for the rest of my life but the rest of the above was pure golden. No wonder we had so much energy running around the neighborhood. All of those carbs and fats.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:40 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,391,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
(I still think it should be spelled baloney.)
Me too!!!

Yum, haven't had it for a long time, a nice "baloney" sandwich on fresh white bread with mustard and a handful of UTZ potato chips. Mmmmmm....yummy!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:36 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
Mac 'n cheese was not part of my childhood. My mother served macaroni in soup and nowhere else. This thread has reminded me of Vienna sausage, which is another one of those once a year things, although it's been much longer than that. With bologna, it's been once a decade, I think. My brother liked liver loaf, but I didn't.

Last edited by Rubi3; 03-11-2015 at 08:11 AM..

Old 03-11-2015, 09:04 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,615,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Once a year I may buy bologna..and cheap, soft wheat bread...
I have 3 sandwiches over 3 days (mine with mustard) ...then, break up
the rest for the birds...it's gone the next day.
Loved 'em in childhood so much!
OK, I have to ask... and I can't be the only one thinking...
Why do you do this once a year? It sounds like a tradition?
When do you do it... and why???

You know what makes this post even funnier? (to me anyway).... I'm a man who's 55 years old... I do an excellent imitation of Kathryn Hepburn (I've been told by a lot of people) and after I re-read your post and saw your handle, that just made me laugh...
... You're not Phil Donahue..... (you'd have to hear it to fully appreciate the reference)....

Old 03-11-2015, 10:49 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Mac 'n cheese was not part of my childhood. My mother served macaroni in soup and nowhere else. This thread has reminded me of Vienna sausage, which is another one of those once a year things, although it's been much longer than that. With bologna, it's been once a decade, I think. My brother liked liver loaf, but I didn't.
We had made-from-scratch baked mac 'n cheese occasionally- I didn't know mac 'n cheese was available in boxes until I was well into my 20s

Old 03-11-2015, 11:25 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,752,781 times
I still keep vienna sausage in my pantry, probably a holdover from when I lived in Hawaii. No Spam, though! I objected to bologna as a child and never got into the habit of eating it. Deviled ham is ambrosia!!! Make sandwiches esp with cream cheese.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:28 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,941,171 times
Heat it on a skillet (not cook it), put it in a corn tortilla with sour cream and if you like salsa roll it up and eat it.. YUMMY!!!!!

Old 03-11-2015, 11:28 AM

19,787 posts, read 22,688,984 times
You haven't lived until you've tried pickled bologna.

Fischer's Pickled Rope Bologna 40oz - RiverfrontGifts.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink