Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:29 AM

42,410 posts, read 87,279,655 times

Advertisements

For me, it's cold wet coffee grounds. Sticky garlic skins are no fun, either.

And those little stickers on every single apple and tomato When I get them off, I can't drop them off my finger into the trash, and miss, and when I take off my socks at night, there are fruit labels on the bottoms. And I still can't get them off my fingers into the trash. They're a menace.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-19-2015 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 AM

50,517 posts, read 64,463,032 times
I hate grease. I never deep fry and, still, I'm always chasing after grease in the kitchen. Thank goodness they invented Goo Gone, or I'd go nuts trying to keep my range hood clean.

I also hate cleaning out the vegetable bin in my fridge. There's always something that has leaked watery stuff in there. Yuk.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,775,534 times
Contrary to most people I like to make a mess, you can't clean anything without making a mess first.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,979,324 times
When you touch chillies or onions and then your eye gets itchy.

Also frying bacon, and the oil constantly splattering you.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:31 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,941,312 times
Touching/cleaning up after chopping cilantro. I swear you cannot get the bits off the cutting board, or your fingers!

Raw meat. I don't eat much meat (1x/week tops), but when i do, touching it creeps me out for a moment or two.

Mayo spills. Without a strong grease cutter, it's just a mess.

Wet tea bags. There's just something about the wet, sometimes drippy little sachet. (Low on my list, but still on it.)

Separating bacon from the slab. Unless you buy the extra thick cut, it just rips apart into bacon shreds, and I hate the feel of the greasy stringiness of those thin sinewy bits.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 AM

19,981 posts, read 30,378,098 times
being a butcher,,,,,and once you've cleaned out a few deer and moose,,,, not much bothers me in the kitchen,,,except..

if something gets pushed to he back in a Tupperware,,and you cant remember what it is,,,then you open it,,,,,and something stinks, un recognizable, and some fur is now growing on it ....

yep...that's kinda gross (and a waste)

you learn as you get older tho,,,,to put it in the freezer for a day then open it.....doesn't stink ,,,

Old 04-19-2015, 09:34 AM

19,981 posts, read 30,378,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
Touching/cleaning up after chopping cilantro. I swear you cannot get the bits off the cutting board, or your fingers!

Raw meat. I don't eat much meat (1x/week tops), but when i do, touching it creeps me out for a moment or two.

Wet tea bags. There's just something about the wet, sometimes drippy little sachet. (Low on my list, but still on it.)

Separating bacon from the slab. Unless you buy the extra thick cut, it just rips apart into bacon shreds, and I hate the feel of the greasy stringiness of those thin sinewy bits.
creeped out about raw meat??? you sound like a fun date

nothing wrong with raw meat (ive been a butcher so im a bit bias'd)

Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,338,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
When you touch chillies or onions and then your eye gets itchy.

Also frying bacon, and the oil constantly splattering you.
I wear contacts. Onions don't bother me. It's almost impossible to get the chilies or jalapenos off of my fingers even with washing. I've zinged my eyes more than once because I forgot to wear gloves.

I hate the freezer and bottom drawer of the refrigerator. There is always a spill. I didn't do it. I wasn't there when it happened. I hate cleaning it up. Same goes for the cabinets. I didn't do it. Now it's stuck onand I have to clean it off.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,809,360 times
Raw meat. I have to wear gloves. I hate the thought of it getting under my nails. Yes, I have a nail brush. I still can't do it. I just shredded up some cooked chicken wearing my gloves.
And I LOOOVE meat.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:56 AM

432 posts, read 362,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post

Hey, here's something kinda ironic: You can use wet tea bags to clean up... greasy mayo spills! (No kidding, the tannins or something break down grease.) Two of your least favorite things, teaming up for good!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink