Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 08:36 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
No, I didn't. That's why I was asking, your royal smugness.
Haha. Oh, now... was name calling necessary?
And, it appears you answered your own q.
Take it easy with the caffeine & have a wonderfully bold weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 07:46 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Coffee without caffeine, hum, strange idea.

Well, I guess if you drink Frankencoffee in the form of Milkshakecoffee, Cakebattercoffee or Icecreamcoffee, it makes sense.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:51 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosBall View Post
I stopped at a Starbucks last evening for dessert. I wanted to be able to fall sleep fairly early, so I asked for my coffee to be DECAF. Other people who were behind me in line were getting their beverages first. Turns out Starbucks has to individually make the decaf. Took several minutes extra. The barista said it was some kind of "pour over method" to decaffeinate it. It just felt like I made her do extra work for my decaf. I didn't ask her, but: Wouldn't it make sense for Starbucks to keep a pot of decaf coffee brewing in the evening hours???
I guess I am not getting the problem...they didn't refuse you your decafe.....they simply had to make it by the cup because that area doesn't get a lot of call for it late.

What is your issue here?

Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Coffee without caffeine, hum, strange idea.

Well, I guess if you drink Frankencoffee in the form of Milkshakecoffee, Cakebattercoffee or Icecreamcoffee, it makes sense.
It also works out well for coffee drinkers who are pregnant and at risk for preterm labor and advised to cut back on caffeine. .

Old 05-19-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It also works out well for coffee drinkers who are pregnant and at risk for preterm labor and advised to cut back on caffeine. .

You can drink simple decaf and avoid pouring unhealthy Frankencoffee down your gullet!

I would like one Choclatecakecoffee to go please!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 03:39 PM

I was talking about decaf.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I was talking about decaf.

Oh my, so sorry for being so meany-mean to you..................CMEO now at what a nightmarish person I have become!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 07:32 PM

Um...okay.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 686 times
All this stuff about there not being enough business at Starbucks to brew a pot of decafe is just B.S. How do I know? They stopped making it at my local starbucks. But I still see a lot of requests. One day I saw the manager tell a few customers "If we get enough requests - we'll start brewing it". So I piped in "they won't request it if they know you don't have it" and I told her I no longer come in the mornings because they don't have it (I was there for an iced decafe in the afternoon).

So she restarted it. And when I go, I see them make a fresh pot. Twenty minutes later I go for a refill and it's empty. It's empty most of the time. And I see lots of requests and know a lot of people that feel they way I do. And I know many of the customers, and there is a large segment unhappy about "pour overs".

So why don't they serve it? Could be they are trying to simplify it's operations, could be they are trying to force customers to try the espesso machine decafe (tastes watery) or the drip (cold and watery), or it could be a decafe drinkers get more free refills. In either case it's short sighted if I don't go for my decafe, my friends don't go to meet there, I don't spend money on other things, I go to McDonalds or DD. I now go about half as much, because they make it in a smaller window of time.

Lets face it every single dinner, fast food restaurant, within a 100 miles of me serves brewed decafe - so why not Starbucks?

Old 12-01-2018, 06:35 AM

2 posts, read 686 times
Some people in this thread equate a "pour over" with real coffee. You can make make a pour over at home or in your hotel room with a $1.00 piece of plastic, why would you go to Starbucks for a "Pour Over"?

First off, the coffee sits, while they literally wait for the coffee to drain, and then they pour some more, because it takes a few pours to make a grande. So by the time you get it, it isn't hot, its been sitting. What's worse is they often forget about it and you. It's over there on he side out of sight out of mind.

There is no brewing. So there is no body to the coffee. Tastes like the old instant coffee in a teaspoon that you mix with hot water.

So you wait 5-10 minutes (usually I have to remind someone that it's sitting there and I haven't been served), for a cold, watery cup of coffee. Why even bother? Just go to DD's McD's, or your local dinner who have fresh brewed decafe 100% of the time, and if they don't have a fresh pot they will make one for you. I don't really understand Starbucks marketing strategy here except to say "go some place else". Do they still make Sanka? It's just as good/maybe better than a "pour over".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink