Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pancakes vs Waffles
Pancakes! 39 22.54%
Waffles! 55 31.79%
Both 69 39.88%
Don't Care 3 1.73%
Neither! 7 4.05%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 01:42 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,061,419 times

Advertisements

Both - I can't choose between them. Favourite things to have on them would probably be chocolate sauce or maple (flavoured) syrup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 07:03 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I like the idea of them, better than I actually like the taste of them. I voted pancakes, because my waffle maker takes about 5 minutes+ per waffle, and who wants to spend all that time waiting?

Old 01-09-2017, 07:02 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,049,782 times
I picked both, but I hardly make waffles at home. When I do, they don't seem to come out right. There are people here claiming to use the same batter, but waffles are supposed to have crisper edges than pancakes. A pancake batter in a waffle iron just comes out like a pressed pancake, at least for me. There's more oil in waffle batter. I once used homemade waffle batter for pancakes by mistake (I poured batter into a pan before I remembered which I was making). They were edible, but not fluffy, that was certain.

As an aside, I have two waffle irons: one Belgian/round, and one traditional/square that makes four waffles at a time. I also have a griddle, and a two in one pan that fries pancakes (eggs, and French toast) on one side, and grills bacon and sausage on the other.

Now, thanks to this thread, I'm craving them (all) now... .

Old 01-10-2017, 12:10 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I picked both, but I hardly make waffles at home. When I do, they don't seem to come out right. There are people here claiming to use the same batter, but waffles are supposed to have crisper edges than pancakes. A pancake batter in a waffle iron just comes out like a pressed pancake, at least for me. There's more oil in waffle batter. I once used homemade waffle batter for pancakes by mistake (I poured batter into a pan before I remembered which I was making). They were edible, but not fluffy, that was certain.

As an aside, I have two waffle irons: one Belgian/round, and one traditional/square that makes four waffles at a time. I also have a griddle, and a two in one pan that fries pancakes (eggs, and French toast) on one side, and grills bacon and sausage on the other.

Now, thanks to this thread, I'm craving them (all) now... .
I voted pancakes way back but it's interesting that you make the distinction between recipes for the two.

I usually use a homemade mix and wonder what I'd do to make waffles with it. Add more oil? What's the difference in the recipe? Edit: Never mind. I googled it. You add more oil, more baking powder, less milk, and more butter. Makes it more crisp!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink