Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 PM

7,121 posts, read 5,236,269 times

Advertisements

never!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 08:45 PM

11,386 posts, read 9,304,429 times
6-7 years ago was the last time.

I usually buy it by the slice or sometimes I will get one via carry out.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,925,903 times
Around 1x a month. My fave delivery place is really slow. And not ideal to do carryout. It goes in waves. I may go as high as 2x a month or skip several.

My go to takeout is the gourmet deli. I make it on my way home.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:13 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,338,205 times
We have pizza about once a month. But I pick it up, no delivery.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:51 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,437,382 times
Never - we just never order anything delivered - there's a ton of pizza places right here in the area.

PS - I think once we were traveling and ordered take-out Chinese sent to our room (we had our dogs w/ us and didnt want to leave them alone in the room plus the Chin. place was a bit of a distance as we were staying in a small town) but as a general rule, we just don't, I can prob. think of 10 Chin. places very close to where we live and prob. even more pizza places from chains to local places

Old 06-23-2015, 06:32 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,416,091 times
twice in a year at the most

think we ordered dominos once last year

sometimes if they do the 50% off type deals it may get ordered more or if you gotta feed alot of people type situation

Old 06-23-2015, 07:26 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I understand what you are saying about defeating the reason for ordering for delivery, but if you are out, pick up a couple of pizzas that have to be heated when you get home, stick them in the freezer and just pull them out when you want one, there really isn't much difference than having one delivered. You are talking a few minutes heating time and if you like t add your own nummies, that takes a couple more minutes, plus just like delivery, there is no clean up. I sorta like the idea of not having to wait for the delivery. If we have spent a busy day out shopping, whatever, just sticking one from the freezer in the oven is heaven. Now, if we want really good pizza we have a couple independent places here we go to and eat there. They are more pricey but well worth the time and money.
That is a good idea, to keep them on hand. I've never had a frozen pizza that really tasted good, though, but maybe I'm not buying the right brand. What is your favorite frozen pizza? And I definitely would just get plain cheese and put vegetables like spinach and mushrooms and artichokes on it if I want.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dog View Post
The point of pizza isn't about the delivery part. The delivery part is just a luxury or convenience. Anyone that serious enough to make their own pizza knows it is cheaper, higher quality and it taste way better. Surely you aren't saying that the reason pizza exist is for delivery aspect of it.
LOL, yes, I am, for me it is. The reason for eating pizza is to not have to make something, to have something brought to you that you don't have to cook or clean up. I'm sure some people can make some great homemade pizza, but...why? If I have the luxury of all that time to prep and cook pizza, I'll make a real dinner.

Also, can you make a good chewy crust in a home oven?

Old 06-23-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Never order pizza, or any food, for delivery--no one delivers to our house. We will order pizza for pick-up every few months. Pizza is one of my favorite foods, but I can't eat it as often as I would like because of the calories. I will make it a few times a year also.
Alas, same here. I used to eat pizza at least once a week, but I have to watch the calories and the blood sugar/carbs, and pizza isn't fitting well into my healthful-eating scheme right now. I did get a slice a couple of weeks ago. It was the first hot weekend day, so I went over to the beach, and after I was done I went to my favorite pizza place nearby. I got a slice of bruschetta pizza with a side salad. So good. I figured I burned enough calories trying to stay alive in the freezing Atlantic to let myself eat it.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:41 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,017,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, yes, I am, for me it is. The reason for eating pizza is to not have to make something, to have something brought to you that you don't have to cook or clean up.
I completely understand your reason. It is sometimes nice to have the convenience of having a pizza and not have to make it yourself.

Quote:
I'm sure some people can make some great homemade pizza, but...why? If I have the luxury of all that time to prep and cook it, I'll make a real dinner.
Why you ask? Freedom to ultimately make the pizza exactly the way you want it and it wouldn't cost as much as a lot of these delivery places.

Quote:
Also, can you make a good chewy crust in a home oven?
Yes if you had the proper dough knowledge. I could make a pizza that would make you think you were in Italy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink