Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 10:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I think that is the same one we have. Ours was a little more expensive, but only a few $$s more. It is worht the price in our opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 11:02 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
I use a Foreman grill frequently, especially since, in my area there has been a temporary ban on charcoal grilling; I don't have a gas grill). I've even grilled vegetables on it & everything tastes great. The grill plates are removable & dishwasher safe.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:44 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseOne View Post
I use a Foreman grill frequently, especially since, in my area there has been a temporary ban on charcoal grilling; I don't have a gas grill). I've even grilled vegetables on it & everything tastes great. The grill plates are removable & dishwasher safe.
Happy with the Foreman grill. We also grill lots of vegetables and fish.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:40 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Happy with the Foreman grill. We also grill lots of vegetables and fish.
So do we. I like that ours let's you have the cooking area go flat for veggies, rather than always angled...which is great for meats.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:49 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
Only issue I had with my Foreman grill (and it has been a year or more since I've had it so it may have changed) was that you couldn't adjust the temperature and it didn't get hot enough to char/sear without overcooking the inside. The one I have now has both the temperature controls and sears really well quickly.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Hi I never had a Forman grill before. I don't want to buy junk and waste money.

Right now I use a cast Iron skillet like this:
Amazon.com: Lodge L8SGP3 Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Square Grill Pan, 10.5-inch: Cast Iron Skillet: Kitchen & Dining

But the smell stays for a couple of days.

I grill meat (Steaks) and cornish hen

would I grill like this one work for me ? http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman...s=forman+grill

Some people are saying food made in forman grills taste like plastic )
I have the exact cast iron pan you have and I do not have any smell staying for a couple of days.
Do you have exhaust in your kitchen? What seasonings are you using? Are you cleaning the pan after you get done eating or leave it sit for a while?

I have never had any of the machines mentioned so far but I would venture to guess if they are used as directed and cleaned properly there should be no issue with how your food turns out.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:04 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Only issue I had with my Foreman grill (and it has been a year or more since I've had it so it may have changed) was that you couldn't adjust the temperature and it didn't get hot enough to char/sear without overcooking the inside. The one I have now has both the temperature controls and sears really well quickly.
It must be the model yout have....mine has an temperature adjustment....warming to 'pay close attention or it's gonna burn'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink