Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 05:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
You've got a good dentist then. Mine keeps cancelling on me

Leftover duck salad was delicious yesterday and got some left for today. Going to make stock with the carcass today to get the most out of the duck.
Nothing you can buy in the store can beat homemade stock or broth!

Yes, this is the same dentist who met me at 6:00 am in his office one morning about twenty years ago - I woke up at 3 am with the most horrific tooth pain I've ever experienced. I honestly thought I was going to pass out from the pain. I called his office, got his answering service, and he called back within an hour and said "Meet me at the office at 6 - this is an emergency."

It sounds like I constantly have tooth drama but actually this is only the second time I've needed to be seen right away and he's worked me in. He's fantastic! Customer for life.

I don't know how people made it back in the day. I guess they just had teeth pulled and dealt with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 05:56 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,257,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Nothing you can buy in the store can beat homemade stock or broth!

Yes, this is the same dentist who met me at 6:00 am in his office one morning about twenty years ago - I woke up at 3 am with the most horrific tooth pain I've ever experienced. I honestly thought I was going to pass out from the pain. I called his office, got his answering service, and he called back within an hour and said "Meet me at the office at 6 - this is an emergency."

It sounds like I constantly have tooth drama but actually this is only the second time I've needed to be seen right away and he's worked me in. He's fantastic! Customer for life.

I don't know how people made it back in the day. I guess they just had teeth pulled and dealt with it.
Urgh I can't imagine how nasty it must have been to have had toothache before dentistry came about.

My local dentist is so busy he sent me to a private dentist in another city thinking that would be quicker but the private one keeps cancelling. I'm lucky I'm not in pain I guess but I need several fillings and possibly a root canal and I'd like to get it done soon!!

Old 01-02-2016, 09:10 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,429,092 times
I made a delicious Pork Roast last night, with it we had mashed potatoes, and lightly sautéed baby kale and spinach with garlic and a dab or six of butter..

Old 01-02-2016, 07:54 PM

32,953 posts, read 36,412,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Urgh I can't imagine how nasty it must have been to have had toothache before dentistry came about.

My local dentist is so busy he sent me to a private dentist in another city thinking that would be quicker but the private one keeps cancelling. I'm lucky I'm not in pain I guess but I need several fillings and possibly a root canal and I'd like to get it done soon!!
When I was a kid, I managed to crack a tooth on Easter. Good old Dr. Morgan took it out a couple of hours later. I didn't realize how lucky I was. I was just horrified that I had to go to a dentist on a holiday.

I didn't cook today, either. I was going to make pot roast today, but there's so much food in the refrigerator, I didn't bother. It's got to be cooked tomorrow before it goes bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink