Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:00 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times

Advertisements

Aldi has accepted credit cards for the last five years at least in the DFW market. Stock seems to very from location to location.
I had my share of unpleasant surprises so I use the weekly add to price match local produce at WallMart.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:25 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I never get meat there, because we get our meat from the commissary, as nobody can touch that, price matching- wise. We tend to always get milk, eggs, half &half, kefir, and yogurt there, as well as dry goods for baking. Their crackers and chips are very good. We try to get most produce there, but the selection isn't always what we need.

I'm really impressed with their organic line and how they've even kept that price down.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:48 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Aldis has really gone downhill.....

Why dont they remove the MALTODEXTRIN crap from all the stuff they have it in now??

They are really a dissapointment..... I used to go there to get GOOD FOOD I couldnt get anywhere else and now there is only 2 things I like there!!!

PASTA RINGS
Beef Ravioli (They have lowered the sugar in this to 5g .. TASTES HORRIBLE..... I add my own cane sugar and it tastes delicious like I remember it in the 80s)
You're eating canned pasta and you're worried about maltodextrin?

Old 04-05-2016, 08:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Aldis has really gone downhill.....

Why dont they remove the MALTODEXTRIN crap from all the stuff they have it in now??

They are really a dissapointment..... I used to go there to get GOOD FOOD I couldnt get anywhere else and now there is only 2 things I like there!!!

PASTA RINGS
Beef Ravioli (They have lowered the sugar in this to 5g .. TASTES HORRIBLE..... I add my own cane sugar and it tastes delicious like I remember it in the 80s)
Wow, maybe this is just your Aldi's. If anything the ones here have improved. They have or are building new ones, bigger and better than ever.

We do more shopping there and at Sam's all the time and less at our local store or stores. We rarely spend more than about 15% of our food budget at our local grocery store.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Aldi has accepted credit cards for the last five years at least in the DFW market. Stock seems to very from location to location.
I had my share of unpleasant surprises so I use the weekly add to price match local produce at WallMart.
I am to hear you say this: produce wise, yes you have to be very careful but we usually get great produce from there. As for the credit cards, are you sure? They have taken Discover but nothing else and there has been a small charge. I also did not realize they had even been in DFW area for that many years. I thought they opened the first store about 3 years ago? We too sometimes do the price matching but there are restrictions. Normally there is only about 3 or 4 produce items that work for price matching.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:11 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
Aldi peddles some outrageously low grade garbage, beware, have mercy on your taste buds if you have any left. Aldi abuses some foodstuff beyond recognition. Aldi bread reeks with chemicals and it tastes like bitter chemicals.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania
You're eating canned pasta and you're worried about maltodextrin?
Well Maltodextrin is NOT good to be eating and THEY DIDNT EVER PUT THIS GARBAGE IN ANYTHING!!

Old 04-05-2016, 11:12 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Aldi peddles some outrageously low grade garbage, beware, have mercy on your taste buds if you have any left. Aldi abuses some foodstuff beyond recognition. Aldi bread reeks with chemicals and it tastes like bitter chemicals.
I have to disagree with you here- I go out of my way to get Aldi's whole wheat bread just so I don't have to paw through my local grocery store to find some with no High fructose corn syrup. Sugar in bread- really???

Old 04-05-2016, 11:15 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,183 times
I've been an Aldi shopper for many years and am usually pleased- 2 recent disappointments- the toilet seat they recently advertised was absolute garbage- My husband really threw a fit- it was returned - and all the jelly we buy crystallizes in a week or 2- has anyone else noticed this and is there something I can do to stop it from happening? we've thrown out several jars lately- what is going on?

Old 04-05-2016, 11:27 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
I've been an Aldi shopper for many years and am usually pleased- 2 recent disappointments- the toilet seat they recently advertised was absolute garbage- My husband really threw a fit- it was returned - and all the jelly we buy crystallizes in a week or 2- has anyone else noticed this and is there something I can do to stop it from happening? we've thrown out several jars lately- what is going on?
jam or jelly that crystalizes soon after opening jar - Chowhound
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink