Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 12:24 AM

526 posts, read 377,207 times

Advertisements

All the cousins of the world have a good dishes, I tried many dishes of many cousins of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 12:34 AM

I learned from my experience that a cousin can't be judged by one or few dishes. But by all the tastes and flavors, I think that's for this that Italian cousin is considerate the best of the world.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:04 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,892,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
I learned from my experience that a [cuisine] can't be judged by one or few dishes [,] but by all the tastes and flavors. I think [that, because of this,] Italian [cuisine] is [considered] the best of the world.
Well, that's your opinion. My opinion is that Japanese cuisine is far superior to Italian cuisine.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:29 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,958,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I saw a poll that asked people what caused a lunar eclipse, and the dominant response was "The sun comes between the earth and the moon."

Polls don't have much credibility for me.
Your point is well taken, and you are quite right.

Italian restaurants can be found in every major city in the world and I think that indicates the popularity of Italian food. Of course Chinese food, in all it's variations, has a world wide appeal too. One cuisine that are particularly admire is Thai ... but I happen to enjoy spicy things!

Old 08-31-2016, 05:40 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,309,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I saw a poll that asked people what caused a lunar eclipse, and the dominant response was "The sun comes between the earth and the moon."

Polls don't have much credibility for me.

My favorite Italian dishes are those that do not rely on tomato sauce (well, I do love a good saucy, cheesy lasagna).
Well, of course everyone will have their own personal favorites. I don't think that changes anything as a whole. Most people would be surprised how much a tomato based sauce can vary in flavor. My favorites were always those made with fresh seafood. My relatives lived along the Adriatic coast and my uncle had a small fishing boat. The sauce often had some sort of seafood in it including various types of fish, cuttle fish, squid, mantis shrimp, clams, muscles. As a child, I would walk along the beach and dig up clams until I had enough for my Grandmother to make a sauce with them. By the way, the clams were about the size of a quarter fully grown. They are small and tender and do not taste or look anything like the large rubbery clams found in the U.S. Also, sauce is used to give flavor. It's never suppose to overwhelm or smother.

Anyway, I think Italian cooking is much more varied than most people realize. I'm just trying to give examples of various things many Americans may not realize about Italian food. There are many dishes that do not use any pasta or tomato sauce at all.

Last edited by marino760; 08-31-2016 at 06:36 AM..

Old 08-31-2016, 06:58 AM

It's right!!! There is my opinion and there is your opinion, but there is the opinion of experts who judge Italian cousin the best in the world.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:47 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,892,174 times
Quote:
...there is the opinion of experts who judge Italian cousin the best in the world.
Who might these "experts" be, and what is their expertise? I'm an expert, and I say Japanese cuisine is superior to Italian.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:35 PM

I repeat...this is your opinion and I respect your opinion...but this is only your opinion!!

Old 09-01-2016, 07:23 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,359,683 times
Opinion is opinion, whether from an "expert" or not. There is no one "best" cuisine, because "best" is a subjective judgment. But that's just MY opinion - ha!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:21 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,264,348 times
Quote:
It's right!!! There is my opinion and there is your opinion, but there is the opinion of experts who judge Italian cousin the best in the world.
Why is it so important to you that everyone must agree with your opinion that Italian cuisine is the "best in the world"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink