Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 06:13 PM

1,257 posts, read 894,328 times

Advertisements

Hmmm. Interesting thread.

Welp, I can only recall one job where co-workers made any kind of remark (or even noticed or cared) about my lunch. They weren't pushy or rude. They would go next door for pizza or fast food, while I ate my daily portion of chicken breast or tuna with rice and peas. They would look at me sad and ask if I wanted anything else. I always said no.

I did not get on a high horse or soapbox about it, I didn't feel smug about my "low cal choices", or have sadistic thoughts (or wishes) about their early demise.

The truth is, I was anorexic ... on year 6 by that time. I was killing myself, barely weighing more than Karen Carpenter when she died. My co-workers were right to be concerned.

What you eat or do not eat does not define who you are as a person. Doughnuts don't make a person inherently bad and cruel. Neither do bananas make a person inherently kind and good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink