Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 02:39 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times

Advertisements

I don't care for it, either. DH and I used to love to go to Rock N Brews but now there are always gnats landing on our food, even if we sit inside. There are a LOT of gnats! I don't know if that's because of the dogs, but I would assume so. I don't notice gnats in other restaurants.

Rock N Brews also has meals for dogs that they serve hot. A waitress walked by on her way to the patio with a bowl of hot food for a dog and the smell was disgusting. I have only noticed that one time, but yuck!

I really have nothing against dogs and I like the idea of them being able to hang out on the patio. But I hate those gnats!

A local coffee shop is going to be opening up with resident cats, where you can go in and drink coffee and hang out with/pet/snuggle with the cats.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:44 PM

19,441 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't care for it, either. DH and I used to love to go to Rock N Brews but now there are always gnats landing on our food, even if we sit inside. There are a LOT of gnats! I don't know if that's because of the dogs, but I would assume so. I don't notice gnats in other restaurants.
Your assumption is very likely incorrect. Gnats in restaurants and bars are typically coming from sugar outside of liquor bottles that aren't wiped off often enough, or the junk that gets left under the rubber mats used in the staff and bar areas. Or drain pipes. Or rotting food and garbage cans.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:46 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Personally, I have no problem with it. As long as it is clean and not mangy looking, it doesn't bother me in the least. I always found it very special seeing pics of dogs laying on the floor near their owners in the pubs in the UK. I just want to pet them all.
How many dogs don't just lay down at their owner's feet but beg and whine? And how many would have even more trouble in a public restaurant with 20 other tables of food wafting over to them? There's no reason to have a dog in a restaurant. You're taking it for a walk and have an unbearable yen for Chinese food that very minute? Otherwise, it is a very deliberate act to put your dog on a leash, get in your car, and sit down in a restaurant with your dog. You don't take your pet to the doctor's office...hospital...grocery store...hairdresser...but you have to take them to a restaurant?

Old 04-23-2018, 02:53 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,708,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
You're taking it for a walk and have an unbearable yen for Chinese food that very minute? Otherwise, it is a very deliberate act to put your dog on a leash, get in your car, and sit down in a restaurant with your dog. You don't take your pet to the doctor's office...hospital...grocery store...hairdresser...but you have to take them to a restaurant?
Where I live in California the weather is usually mild and pleasant, people love to take walks with or without dogs, and there are quite a number of restaurants within walking distance that have outdoor seating and welcome dogs on their patios. As a result, many people like to go out, walk the dog, and stop for a meal. It's fun, relaxing, and an outing for everyone. Errands like going to the doctor or hairdresser are not quite comparable.

Looking at it from the point of view of a dog owner (which I am currently, not, by the way), you could take your dog for a walk, take it home, and then walk over to a restaurant. Or you could combine the two activities in a single walk. Why not? All of these restaurants also have indoor seating, so anyone who cannot bear to be outdoors and/or doesn't want to be near dogs can be accommodated. The establishments all appear to be doing quite well, so the fact that dogs are welcomed in certain areas doesn't seem to be harming business.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:06 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
How many dogs don't just lay down at their owner's feet but beg and whine? And how many would have even more trouble in a public restaurant with 20 other tables of food wafting over to them? There's no reason to have a dog in a restaurant. You're taking it for a walk and have an unbearable yen for Chinese food that very minute? Otherwise, it is a very deliberate act to put your dog on a leash, get in your car, and sit down in a restaurant with your dog. You don't take your pet to the doctor's office...hospital...grocery store...hairdresser...but you have to take them to a restaurant?
Eating out is a form of entertainment, not to prevent starvation. A doctor's office, hairdresser, etc, are not entertainment venues.

I eat out a lot, most of the time where dogs are allowed, and I have yet to encounter any issue with a dog. They do purposely bring their dogs, and they are probably frequent customers of the place they go to (I see the same people/dogs often).

Again, there are numerous options for places that do not allow dogs, I have no idea why the fixation on the very few places that do.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:18 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
What? I cannot recall EVER going into a restaurant that seated kids in one area, and even remotely segregated the adults-only patrons.

I admit it - if a restaurant seats me near a table with a bunch of kids, or even one rowdy kid, I'm asking for another table. I'd do the same if there's a dog that is misbehaving.

Folks have to realize that restaurants have one, single purpose: To make a profit. That' is their ONLY goal. If a business owner believes that he can make more money by allowing patrons to bring their dogs to the patio, that's what he/she should do. (If their smart, they will consider the number of patrons who won't go because of the dogs, but I'd bet most of them will just go sit inside.)
I have kids and it been apparent many tones that we’ve been seated in a corner due to having kids with us. And this is at a lot of different restaurants!

Anyway, everyone realizes this is supposed to be a food and drink thread, correct!? Not a debate thread about kids versus dogs!

Old 04-23-2018, 03:32 PM

8,770 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Those of you who let dogs eat off your plates are gross. I will never even touch a dog when I am eating, he may have just chewed on some feces, as many of them do. You sick people on here that think pets are equal too or higher than humans is the root problem.

To bring the topic back, I want to thank all who understand to eat out is not meant for pets or dogs to be there out at a restaurant, as many people in society do not want dogs nearby when they are eating. It's simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Then go to a place that does not allow it, or sit inside.

I tend to like going to places that allow dogs, and I do not even own a dog. If a business wants me as a customer, one thing it can do is allow dogs, lol.

Kids and adults can be dirty as well, I can just imagine how dirty a baby really is with changing the diapers and all, relying that the adult properly washed everything afterwards.

Eating out is for entertainment, not to prevent starvation. There are few, few options for bringing dogs, but numerous ones that do not allow dogs. So please, go to the places that do not allow dogs and quit bothering the very few places that do allow dogs.
If you think there are wait staff or cooks out there that don`t wash their hands after going to the bathroom, doing #2, or picking their nose while cooking your food....you are very naïve..

Old 04-23-2018, 03:47 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Eat inside.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:49 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Thread Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink