Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 05:38 PM

765 posts, read 473,811 times

Advertisements

i don't eat at food trucks, i like to pack my own snacks or lunches` so i have the kind of control over my carbs, sugars that I want.... plus at least in my area, they seem awfully expensive!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 06:04 PM

3,101 posts, read 2,003,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Google food trucks in your area, and then find their facebook pages. Most food trucks post their location on facebook daily.

Thank you so much RP. I didn't know!

Old 06-05-2018, 01:12 PM

17,203 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
i don't eat at food trucks, i like to pack my own snacks or lunches` so i have the kind of control over my carbs, sugars that I want.... plus at least in my area, they seem awfully expensive!!!!
The Mexican ones here are very cheap ($1.25-$1.75/taco depending on the type.)

As for the ingredients they use, they're fairly simple. Most meats are marinated in citrus juice, salt, and various types of peppers. Garnish it with chopped onions and cilantro and done. Not much to it, but so delicious, and cheap, and, quite frankly, not really unhealthy.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:30 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,609,565 times
Near here are mostly taco trucks, very Mexico City style I'm told, really good... if the meat is fresh.

When I worked in Manhattan I regularly bought "Halal Chicken" for lunch/dinner from halal carts, I don't know if that's a local thing here, basically a lot of shredded chicken (or lamb) is cooked on a flat-top griddle with "middle eastern" seasonings, some of the carts are quite fiery in their recipe, & served on top of a rice pilaf & a bit of "salad" (some shreds of lettuce) & doused with "white sauce" - I suspect it is mayo heavy with some mild spices - & hot sauce similar to Sriracha.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:25 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,509 times
We live in a very small rural town and yet food trucks are more prevalent then what we had when we lived in the big city. Typically we get tacos/quesadillas from the taco bus. There's a burger truck that makes juicy, hamburgers and great onion rings. We have multiple BBQ trucks, a teryaki truck, and a breakfast bus. Only sad part is that they are seasonal. As soon as the snow starts to fly and/or the temperature goes below freezing they are gone.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:39 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Near here are mostly taco trucks, very Mexico City style I'm told, really good... if the meat is fresh.

When I worked in Manhattan I regularly bought "Halal Chicken" for lunch/dinner from halal carts, I don't know if that's a local thing here, basically a lot of shredded chicken (or lamb) is cooked on a flat-top griddle with "middle eastern" seasonings, some of the carts are quite fiery in their recipe, & served on top of a rice pilaf & a bit of "salad" (some shreds of lettuce) & doused with "white sauce" - I suspect it is mayo heavy with some mild spices - & hot sauce similar to Sriracha.
I always wondered what the white sauce was, too (I work in Manhattan and know about halal trucks), so I looked it up after I read your post. Here ya go:

https://www.epicurious.com/expert-ad...-sauce-article

Old 06-08-2018, 12:30 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
I have always been underwhelmed by the food trucks that I have tried in the Tucson area. The prices are high, the portions small, and the quality usually does not justify the price.

Personally, there are better options in small restaurants nearby.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:50 PM

17,742 posts, read 9,192,519 times
For anyone in the Providence area, there's 40+ food trucks at PVDFest this weekend.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:50 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I don’t really go places where the food trucks go, but if I did I would go for anything out of the ordinary.

We have a little Latin restaurant nearby, which is the mother ship for their 3 food trucks. My Puerto Rican DIL enjoys going there, and it’s very popular with the lunch crowd.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:05 PM

1,517 posts, read 990,994 times
I don't. I go to real restaurants. I'm not a Portlander so I've never felt the need to go to roach coaches, unless there's absolutely nothing else around (rare).

Here, they're more an expensive image stereotype for the hipsters that have been told they love them than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink