Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sort of food related, I'm trying not to channel my feelings about the election into binge eating comfort food because that way lies madness (and pants that don't fit.)
don't be blaming trump for your pants that don't fit

my son and I were having an election conversation ...he just got out of college also known as a liberal indoctrination center...so we don't agree on everything,....but left it to this

the affect of a president on day to day life has very little impact compared to the choices we make for ourselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 04:13 PM

50,349 posts, read 63,928,555 times
To change the subject....are you as tired as I am of "brown food" that is supposed to be chocolate, and "yellow food" that's supposed to be cheesy?
I've had it.
Tonight, we had Kraft "Delux" Mac and cheese, not to be confused with regular. It was creamy and yellow, but totally tasteless.

Same thing with Hershey's chocolate, or chocolate cake mixes....brown, but not chocolatey.

I guess the food companies take us for fools.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:11 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
don't be blaming trump for your pants that don't fit

my son and I were having an election conversation ...he just got out of college also known as a liberal indoctrination center...so we don't agree on everything,....but left it to this

the affect of a president on day to day life has very little impact compared to the choices we make for ourselves
Very true!

Today, I ate leftover chicken soup and leftover chicken in basil, parm, cream sauce. I made the first, and my son made the second one. First time he's bought chicken breast. He went to the market for something and saw the sale. Now we're cookin'.

I must say that I'm very happy that he has finally learner to really cook. He's moved from grill to sauces, salads, other vegetables. He can make a decent mac and cheese. I'd have to pay him to make Toll House cookies, but he could.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
To change the subject....are you as tired as I am of "brown food" that is supposed to be chocolate, and "yellow food" that's supposed to be cheesy?
I've had it.
Tonight, we had Kraft "Delux" Mac and cheese, not to be confused with regular. It was creamy and yellow, but totally tasteless.

Same thing with Hershey's chocolate, or chocolate cake mixes....brown, but not chocolatey.

I guess the food companies take us for fools.
I just stopped doing it. Kraft macaroni and cheese isn't something I'd eat. Trader Joe's has a decent frozen one. Hershey's chocolate has been trash for years. Chocolate cake mixes started going down hill in the '70s.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:00 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Very true!

Today, I ate leftover chicken soup and leftover chicken in basil, parm, cream sauce. I made the first, and my son made the second one. First time he's bought chicken breast. He went to the market for something and saw the sale. Now we're cookin'.

I must say that I'm very happy that he has finally learner to really cook. He's moved from grill to sauces, salads, other vegetables. He can make a decent mac and cheese. I'd have to pay him to make Toll House cookies, but he could.
he has a great cook to learn from

and I'm also glad my son likes to cook...in fact tough to believe,,,he's a health nut...no sweets

Old 11-13-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I just stopped doing it. Kraft macaroni and cheese isn't something I'd eat. Trader Joe's has a decent frozen one. Hershey's chocolate has been trash for years. Chocolate cake mixes started going down hill in the '70s.
LOL, DH had a craving for it, otherwise we wouldn't have it either. I must admit that I can stand girardelli brownie mix in a pinch.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
LOL, DH had a craving for it, otherwise we wouldn't have it either. I must admit that I can stand girardelli brownie mix in a pinch.
I'll use the Ghirardelli brownie mix. There's a box in my pantry. I think it's the only one I like these days. Hopefully, they won't ruin it.

Old 11-24-2016, 04:12 PM

Thanksgiving night. We ate about 5:00 (long story why so late), Cinderella, AKA DH, washed up all the pots and loaded the dishwasher.
Next year, lets go out, I say. DH screws up his face. Sigh.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:41 AM

24,493 posts, read 10,825,052 times
Well, I got compliments from SO for our very late and somewhat Spartan Thanksgiving dinner and a "if it is not too much work can you do this again". Now off to the kitchen to deal with today's feeding of the Italians.

Old 11-27-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Thanksgiving night. We ate about 5:00 (long story why so late), Cinderella, AKA DH, washed up all the pots and loaded the dishwasher.
Next year, lets go out, I say. DH screws up his face. Sigh.
Going out isn't all that great. If no family members are coming to the house and you really don't want to cook, it's good enough. The restaurants which are open on Thanksgiving are very busy and crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink