Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,430,664 times

Advertisements

I love kim chi!!!

Today, in the grocery store, there was a lady handing out samples of rice pudding. I immediately thought of this thread, because I think that is the nastiest stuff (other than uni) that I have ever tasted. It feels like eating maggots, to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 09:10 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Today, in the grocery store, there was a lady handing out samples of rice pudding. I immediately thought of this thread, because I think that is the nastiest stuff (other than uni) that I have ever tasted. It feels like eating maggots, to me.
Thanks for the visual I'll try and Not remember that next time I eat my rice pudding

I did notice that bread pudding looks kinda bad though...

Old 06-09-2008, 09:32 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Brocoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, lentils, coliflower-boy how that one stinks!-...all this kind of "anticarcinogenic" vegetables...
BBQ grilled sausages with Chutney sauce...not too fond of that
Tepid, non salted fast food swimming in catsup (a warm hamburger can be OK from time to time)
Rubberlike butterscotch that can make your teeth a casualty
Ice cream in the heart of winter
Steaming tea in summer
Fish and seafood when not extra fresh...

Old 06-09-2008, 10:20 AM

So...what Do you eat?

Old 06-09-2008, 11:49 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
The NOT past its sell-by date salad I bought at SuperTarget today. Looked good until I got it back to work and opened it and half the lettuce was rotten.

NEVER again. Ugh.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Thumbs down Northern Cuisine

Normally, I like any food that is well prepared. I actually like liver, brussel sprouts, and beets. However, after visiting my first potlatch and sampling the native cuisine, I will have to pass on jellied moose nose and Agutuk (fish with shortening, a.k.a. Alaskan ice-cream). Although, the reindeer pizza was quite tasty.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:49 PM

403 posts, read 1,324,907 times
Vegemite, sorry Aussies. It tasted like salty vomit to me, never again will I try that stuff!

I've never tried liver or brussel sprouts, they sound like things to avoid!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:03 AM

161 posts, read 384,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleddog905 View Post
Vegemite, sorry Aussies. It tasted like salty vomit to me, never again will I try that stuff!

I've never tried liver or brussel sprouts, they sound like things to avoid!
AHH Vegemite, not so good. I went to a tennis camp when I was a kid with a lot of Australians and they ate that stuff like candy. We used to say it tasted like a sweaty Australian after a round of tennis!

I see a lot of people not like brussel sprouts, I didn't either for a while but I was watching this cooking show on TLC cook them and tried it. They sliced the sprouts in half and sauted them in garlic, oil and red pepper flakes. THEY WERE AMAZING now I eat them all the time!

I did have chicken liver at a wedding recently and didn't know it. Needless to say I ran as fast as I could in avoid vomiting in front of guests. BLAH

Try fried okra, much better than boiled.

Some of the foods listed were some of my favorites, like coffee flavored anything and black licorice. BUT to state my least favorite tasting food...besides chicken liver.
-Mushrooms (they really make my stomach turn)
-Swiss Cheese
-Oranges (not the juice just the whole fruit, don't ask me why)
-Trail mixes (too many random things I can't identify)
-Beets
-Eggplant
-Raisins or any dried fruit
-Apricots (they are stinky and weird looking)
-Soda of any kind

Old 06-12-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vter4ever View Post
-Mushrooms
I agree,they're so slimy and disgusting...
I also notice some places like to use them as 'filler' for foods like chicken or steak because they are similar in color. Nothing is worse than biting into what I think are those things and finding out it's mushroom! I tend to pick through those foods more carefully now.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Chitlins taste like they smell. Like sh*t!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink