Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times

Advertisements

I am interested in learning more about living on raw foods. If anyone wants to start (or already has) a discussion about living raw, sharing receipes, success stories, challenges, etc, let's start it up.

THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 10:00 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I am interested in learning more about living on raw foods. If anyone wants to start (or already has) a discussion about living raw, sharing receipes, success stories, challenges, etc, let's start it up.

THANKS
mom2..I treid it and lasted about a week. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who adopt this lifestyle and stick with it.

here is a link of a friend of mine from another site that you may find helpful:

fruitarianfitness.com

Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
I do it in stints. Its nice. I dont think its that hard. But I naturally like that kinda stuff.

Heres my favorite site:
vegan recipes and vegetarian recipes - living and raw - uncooked!

I really stuck to eating fruits/veggies/nuts mostly

I used to make these pizza crackers from flax that was so good.
I made them in my dehydrator but I had to toss that.
I need to get a new one.
anyway this is the recipe I based them on:

"Raw Pizza Crackers

Pizza Crust: Adapted from The Complete Book of Raw Food, edited by Lori Baird
1 cup golden or brown flax seed
3 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed
stems of 2 broccoli heads
2 stalks celery
1 pound tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or to taste)
Soak the flax in two cups water and the chickpeas* in six cups water for eight hours. Drain and discard the soak water from the chickpeas. If you have a juicer, process all the ingredients except sea salt and Italian seasoning in a homogenizing juicer with a blank plate. You will need to alternate flax & garbanzo beans with vegetables so the juicer does not become too hot.
Place mixture in a large bowl. Add Italian seasoning and salt and mix well by hand. If you don't have a juicer, blend the chickpeas in a food processor until they are as smooth as possible.
Add remaining ingredients except flax seeds and process until well-combined.
Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in flax seeds by hand. Spread dough on approximately 3 dehydrator trays lined with Teflex sheets or parchment paper. Dehydrate at 105°F for approximately eight hours.
Sauce: Adapted from Elaina''s Pure Joy Kitchen, by Elaina Love
1 large red bell pepper
1/2 inch fresh or frozen ginger root
1 clove garlic
5 small dates or 5 tablespoons raisins
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil
1/4 cup dulse, optional
Blend all ingredients together very well. If you don''t use it all on the crackers, save extra for salad dressing or veggie dip.
Assembly After the crust has dehydrated for eight hours, try to remove the Teflex sheets or parchment paper. Spread sauce lightly on the crust. Dehydrate for an additional four hours and then slice into appropriately-sized crackers. Dehydrate until crispy, approximately another four hours.
If it was not possible to remove the Teflex or parchment paper the first time you tried, do it as soon as possible.
*Be sure to soak the chickpeas in a bowl with a rounded bottom. Do not soak them in a jar!"
http://www.rawbc.org/raw_crackers.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink