Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

I'll take this over Indian curry any day. I've been making it at home for years and my son loved it growing up. Panang as well.

Can you tell the difference? Do you have a preference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:01 AM

15 posts, read 27,558 times
Whats the recipe? and what's different about a 'japanese' curry to any other curry?
I'm really into Japanese flavours at the moment, if you are too you should try the new beefeater 24 Gin, it's made from botanicals such as rare Japanese sench and aromatic green tea. yummy!
K

Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,121,030 times
I like the presence of coconut milk in my curry, so I usually prefer Thai curries to Indian. I have never had Japanese curry, but I've seen the curry cubes...I think they tend to sweeten their curry, like with honey or apples.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefeater24 View Post
Whats the recipe? and what's different about a 'japanese' curry to any other curry?
It isn't quite as pungent as Indian curry. The one I make is called Golden Curry and it's really easy to make. Boil stew beef until it's tender, adding carrots halfway through. Add green pepper and onion - but you can any of your favorite veggies (I'll sometimes add cabbage). Add the brick of curry, stir until it dissolves and let it simmer for a little bit. The instructons and measurements are on the box. I love it with jasmine rice.

Quote:
I'm really into Japanese flavours at the moment, if you are too you should try the new beefeater 24 Gin, it's made from botanicals such as rare Japanese sench and aromatic green tea. yummy!
K
Hmmm, I might try that. I don't know that I've ever had gin, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Do you have the number to Betty Ford by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post
I like the presence of coconut milk in my curry, so I usually prefer Thai curries to Indian. I have never had Japanese curry, but I've seen the curry cubes...I think they tend to sweeten their curry, like with honey or apples.
I didn't think of that! I might try adding coconut milk to it. I can't see how it would be bad at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink