Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you drink diet drinks?
Yes 81 40.50%
No 86 43.00%
Never have drink diet drinks. 33 16.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:01 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

I would drink diet drinks but it taste so bad without sugar that I would raither drink ice tea without sugar instead.

News, Woman Drinks 12 Diet Cokes a Day.

Although many Americans can't start their day without a cup of coffee or tea, die-hard fans of diet sodas claim there's no substitute.

Elton John, Victoria Beckham and even former president Bill Clinton admit to being hooked on Diet Coke, and they're not alone.

For many, diet sodas fulfill a craving for sweets while giving drinkers a jolt of caffeine with few or zero calories.

Amanda Sanchez, a 29-year-old working mother of two, is a self-professed Diet Coke junkie.

"It's my water. It keeps me going. It's the fluid that keeps me alive," Sanchez said. "I really think I am addicted. I really think it would be very hard for me to stop."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/st...3191903&page=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 06:24 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I might have one Diet Coke a week. The rest of the time I drink flavored water or iced tea sweetened with Splenda. The carbonation in any soda will bloat up your stomach, and someone as vain as I am can't risk that! LOL

Old 05-19-2007, 06:35 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,740 times
There are times when I'm busy that I'll grab a diet Pepsi in the afternoon for the pick-me-up. That happens maybe once a week. I've been sick lately and tend to drink Gingerale, which has been diet. I do not like all of the sugar in regular soda, way too sweet.
Most of the time I drink water, occasionally Pelligrino or Perrier, but usually plain water from the cooler I keep in the pantry.

If people drink too much soda, especially a woman, it tends to ruin their skin. I had a friend when I was in high school whose mother drank diet Pepsi all day long - from breakfast to bedtime. Her skin was grayish and awful. I know it was from the soda. Soda also contains a fair amount of phosphorus which leaches calcium from the bones.

Soda consumption should really be limited, it is not a healthy beverage on a regular basis.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:43 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Default Tea

There is a Farmers Market in my area and they carry different varieties of loose tea. I have enjoyed the Vanilla tea--and the chamomile.

I have a small microwave safe pot--boil the water and let the tea steep and add Splenda. Not too strong and just the right amount for me. I don't like tea as much after it is refrigerated for a day or two.

There is a diet black cherry drink--I think from Walmart or maybe Publix that I like, too.

sls

Old 05-19-2007, 09:41 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Blech. I hate the way diet drinks taste. Blech blech blech!

I'm a water drinker myself. I may drink a cola once or twice a week but that's it. There is no nutrional value to those things. They are bad bad bad but I guess it's just too hard to completely delete them from your life!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:37 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,158 times
Yes, I drink a Diet Drinks.
My favorite drinks are Coca Cola Diet (in Italy the correct name is Coca cola Light ) ad Red Bull Diet

These drinks....once a week! I prefer water no gas!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 04:03 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
lol minniemouse
I like con gas. Did you ever have Lemon Soda in Italy? Yum.
It is made by Coca-Cola, but has much more lemon, and much less sugar, than you find in the USA.

I rarely drink soft drinks.

If I do, I'll have regular Coke.

Diet? Yuck, gag, blecch, forget it.

I once had a boss who was hooked on diet Pepsi. She drank them all day long.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
I drink CF diet pepsi and I drink a lot of it
I prefer it over diet coke.
When I am working in the yard I switch over to gatorade the mango or kiwi strawberry is very good.
I drink bottled water while working out and also try to get a couple big glasses in through out the day
lol I guess you could say I drink a lot
karla

Old 05-20-2007, 08:03 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,634 times
I don't do caffeine - I guess I'm boring. I used to have to start the day w/coffee, but one day I just quit. The only beverage I drink on a regular basis is water and V8 and that occassional after work glass of wine

Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
lol minniemouse
I like con gas. Did you ever have Lemon Soda in Italy? Yum.
It is made by Coca-Cola, but has much more lemon, and much less sugar, than you find in the USA.

I rarely drink soft drinks.

If I do, I'll have regular Coke.

Diet? Yuck, gag, blecch, forget it.

I once had a boss who was hooked on diet Pepsi. She drank them all day long.
oH, YES!!! We have Lemon and Oran Soda in Italy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink