Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 04:10 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,126,904 times

Advertisements

Coffee which to me smells better when brewing than it actually tastes. Of course, it you put enough cream and sugar in it, then it's drinkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,293,759 times
Yogurt. It is healthy for you and it comes in all kinds of different fruit flavors.. it looks so good.. but, as many times as I have tried liking it I think it is gross!

Old 01-17-2010, 04:41 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,082,278 times
Scones always look so good but I always have trouble choking them down.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartygurl View Post
Coffee which to me smells better when brewing than it actually tastes. Of course, it you put enough cream and sugar in it, then it's drinkable.
Same here! I can't drink it black ... pleh.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:18 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,450,146 times
Mole would be my choice. A savory sauce made with chilis and chocolate...sounds all kinds of complex. But the reality to me is nothing special. Not bad or anything, just nothing special. And in medium quality restaurants it's not only of medium quality but usually the plate is way oversauced to a huge moat of something less than special. I'll take a little bit in a chicken burrito, but even though it always looks so good on a menu--every single time--I stopped being tempted to order it specifically.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:21 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey86 View Post
green olives with pimento. especially in martinis. they look like they would taste good...but i think they taste absolutely terrible!
I really like green olives with pimento. But have never had one from a martini!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:59 PM

252 posts, read 660,742 times
Enchilladas. Especially cheese enchilladas.

I love mexican food, from the americanized to super-authentic. There isn't a mexican dish I haven't loved, minus enchilladas. They're mushy, filled with mush, and coated in sauce. Its like a big plate of slop. Every place I've gone to, its no different. I need my food to have texture beyond baby food-quality.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,293,759 times
I agree with the coffee thing. I smells delicious and I love cappucinos and coffee flavored ice cream, however, I hate the taste of just regular coffee.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 PM

244 posts, read 717,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
One thing I can think of right away is eggnog....It sounds so good and rich and creamy, then I take a sip and.....blech....I try it every year just hoping that either I don't remember it correctly or my tastes have changed.....

lol! I am right there with you! Hubby and I joke about it every year. He loves the stuff, and every December I attempt to love it too. So far, no good.

Oh, and egg drop soup! Another hubby fave, I try to enjoy every time...:choke:

I think for me it's about the consistency of both of these foods. Too thick!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM

244 posts, read 717,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
Mole would be my choice. A savory sauce made with chilis and chocolate...sounds all kinds of complex. But the reality to me is nothing special. Not bad or anything, just nothing special. And in medium quality restaurants it's not only of medium quality but usually the plate is way oversauced to a huge moat of something less than special. I'll take a little bit in a chicken burrito, but even though it always looks so good on a menu--every single time--I stopped being tempted to order it specifically.

mmm....mole. I can see what you mean though, thinking it will be fantastic, when it is sorta... ok? I just haven't had it in years and it sounds pretty good right now! Or maybe it is the chicken burrito that sounds amazing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink