Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:50 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times

Advertisements

Haven't been to McDonald's since 2012 when we were in Vermont and couldn't find a place to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 10:54 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,765,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
WOW, I don't find that at all. Most McDonald's in my area are clean.
There must be different demographics in your area than there are in mine. Either that, or we have different ideas about clean. If you're a man, we probably do. lol

There is one McD's in a large town near me where there is always, always, always, and has been for years, a nasty, garbage-y odor over by the drink dispensers. Along with sticky floors. Probably spilled soft drinks that don't get cleaned up well enough. We try not to go there much.

Now, our last trip to Mickey D's was in a smaller town near me, and it was pretty positive. The food was hot and fresh, especially the fries. At McD's, if the fries are good, it's all good. lol (Wish they would go back to frying them in beef tallow!) While we were ordering, some guys who'd been working in the oilfield came in with their greasy, smelly clothes and you couldn't get within 10 feet of them without smelling it....reminded me of the thread about the woman taking her shoes off in the restaurant and putting her smelly feet up in a chair! We got as far from them as we could and managed to be far enough away that we didn't smell them. But that was rude of them. If we'd had to sit nearer them, we wouldn't have been able to enjoy our food! I was prepared to go eat in the car if need be.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,777,757 times
They were hungry for crying out loud! Real working people are lucky if they get a lunch break!

It's a sad commentary when a certain percentage of the public complain about hard working Americans that smell of sweat from doing a honest day of hard work!

You know in the real world most people would overlook that minor inconvenience and be proud that Americans work to support their families and keep the economy afloat, never mind they are taxpayers !

Geez.. what is the world coming too and where will the insanity end??

I think I will make a visit to my local Mc Donalds and order something new on their healthier menu items!

Back on topic....

Old 04-02-2014, 11:23 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
There must be different demographics in your area than there are in mine. Either that, or we have different ideas about clean. If you're a man, we probably do. lol

There is one McD's in a large town near me where there is always, always, always, and has been for years, a nasty, garbage-y odor over by the drink dispensers. Along with sticky floors. Probably spilled soft drinks that don't get cleaned up well enough. We try not to go there much.

Now, our last trip to Mickey D's was in a smaller town near me, and it was pretty positive. The food was hot and fresh, especially the fries. At McD's, if the fries are good, it's all good. lol (Wish they would go back to frying them in beef tallow!) While we were ordering, some guys who'd been working in the oilfield came in with their greasy, smelly clothes and you couldn't get within 10 feet of them without smelling it....reminded me of the thread about the woman taking her shoes off in the restaurant and putting her smelly feet up in a chair! We got as far from them as we could and managed to be far enough away that we didn't smell them. But that was rude of them. If we'd had to sit nearer them, we wouldn't have been able to enjoy our food! I was prepared to go eat in the car if need be.
That's a terrible idea. At least I can still get a veggie wrap and fries. I don't eat beef, so the fries would be out.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post
It's a sad commentary when a certain percentage of the public complain about hard working Americans that smell of sweat from doing a honest day of hard work!....
It wasn't the smell of sweat....it was the overpowering, eye-watering, throat-burning smell of oil and grease! Very strong....their clothes were covered with it. They should have been considerate of others and eaten in their truck.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That's a terrible idea. At least I can still get a veggie wrap and fries. I don't eat beef, so the fries would be out.
You know that they're finding out that animal fat is not as bad for you as the food police thought it was, don't you? Have you read about the resurgence in the use of lard lately because of the research on it?

I can remember when they used beef tallow for Mickey D's fries....I didn't know they were using it until they stopped. Boy, could I tell a difference! It finally came out in the news and I figured out why they didn't taste as good as they used to.

So you don't eat beef....that's your prerogative. But why should the rest of us suffer because of your food choices? Not being ugly, just asking a sincere question.

They could offer a choice of tallow or veg oil. It would be more trouble and probably drive the cost up. I'd pay it gladly. McDonald's fries used to be a real treat.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:46 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,777,757 times
Quote:
It wasn't the smell of sweat....it was the overpowering, eye-watering, throat-burning smell of oil and grease! Very strong....their clothes were covered with it. They should have been considerate of others and eaten in their truck.

Thank God its still a free world!!!!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shh1313 View Post
Thank God its still a free world!!!!
There is still plenty of room for thoughtfulness and consideration of others in a "free world".

Old 04-02-2014, 11:51 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
You know that they're finding out that animal fat is not as bad for you as the food police thought it was, don't you? Have you read about the resurgence in the use of lard lately because of the research on it?

I can remember when they used beef tallow for Mickey D's fries....I didn't know they were using it until they stopped. Boy, could I tell a difference! It finally came out in the news and I figured out why they didn't taste as good as they used to.

So you don't eat beef....that's your prerogative. But why should the rest of us suffer because of your food choices? Not being ugly, just asking a sincere question.

They could offer a choice of tallow or veg oil. It would be more trouble and probably drive the cost up. I'd pay it gladly. McDonald's fries used to be a real treat.
I don't care about how healthy or unhealthy it is. I eschew meat because of the horrific torture on industrial feedlots and in slaughter houses. I prefer not to put anything in my mouth that has suffered so much for my plate. I refuse to increase the demand.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't care about how healthy or unhealthy it is. I eschew meat because of the horrific torture on industrial feedlots and in slaughter houses. I prefer not to put anything in my mouth that has suffered so much for my plate. I refuse to increase the demand.
You're right, those feedlots and slaughterhouses are awful. I'm hoping the "grass-fed" idea will catch on and grow. Also the "eat local" idea. But I'm in danger here....getting off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink