Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 AM

152 posts, read 651,578 times

Advertisements

My boss got a call yesterday to come pick up the windstar. It was deemed OK but the stealership said that it needed a new battery. My boss let them put one in. I said that we didn't need a new battery to take it there. Hence stealership because they are always trying to rob someone out of their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,665 times
Default 2003 Windstar with cracked axle

We have a 2003 with a cracked axle. Our dealer did not offer to buy back. They said they are only buying back older models with higher mileage than ours (we still have under 50,000 miles on ours). Said Ford did not want to spend that much. They said they would have new parts to fix ours after the first of the year, so they are paying to rent us a Ford Escape until ours can be fixed. Otherwise, no concrete date as to when we will get our van back.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:02 AM

20 posts, read 135,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
The Ford dealer that is part of my company has to my knowledge done one buyback and two repairs. The one buyback was a '99, both repairs were '02's.

I didn't think there were parts available to repair? What did they do for the two '02's?

Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,627 times
Took mine in two weeks ago, it has a hole all the way thru the axle so it is not driveable. Dealer called within two days with a buy back offer of $3995.00, for a 2000 with 159,000+ on it. We decided to take the buyout. Dealer told us we would have a packet in two days with all the details.......two weeks and counting, haven't heard a thing, and no packet has magically appeared at my door. I am driving a rental at no cost to me but I would just like to know what is going on so I know if I should look for something else or if they are going to change their minds and fix the stupid thing. My husband and I have been married for 25 years and have never owned anything but Ford. I would buy another Ford, and a new one too if they would offer me the same deal Toyota made and offer me the mfg price instead of the inflated dealers price.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:01 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,711,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyLouToYou View Post
I didn't think there were parts available to repair? What did they do for the two '02's?
They replaced the rear axle assemblies. Parts are available, just very limited.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,538 times
My 2001 windstar was found to be unsafe today with bad axle. Ford put me into a rental until ford decides to buy it out or fix it. My van is in good shape and runs good. Now my van sits outside in the weather until they decide. Not sure what to think. Glad we are safe and feel bad for those who have worse stories than mine. I live in Indiana.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:04 PM

20 posts, read 135,363 times
Now there are reports of problems with subframe on Windstars! Seriously, they should just scrap them all and pay owners -- keep these death traps off the road!

Ford Windstar Rusting Subframe an Increasingly Unsafe Condition

Old 11-12-2010, 06:45 PM

362 posts, read 392,629 times
Quote:
Would like to hear from any Windstar owners who have taken theirs in for rear axle inspection and found to have cracks in them. Interested in knowing what your dealer is saying about estimated time to repair and/or Ford's re-purchase offer.

I have a 2003 Windstar that went in this week for inspection. Did not pass and is now rendered unsafe to drive. Ford is providing a rental (I have to pay sales tax only) and the rental is currently authorized for up to 90 days. Am told parts are not available to replace. Also told that Ford may contact me in the next few weeks with a re-purchase offer. Can't get any info from Ford's customer relations as to how they are determining re-purchase price.

anyone have any info?
I have some info. American cars suck.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Now there are reports of problems with subframe on Windstars! Seriously, they should just scrap them all and pay owners -- keep these death traps off the road!

Ford Windstar Rusting Subframe an Increasingly Unsafe Condition
I try not to drive anywhere near an american car. Yes, for the concern over the safety of the vehicle. But mostly for the mental instability of anyone who'd be crazy enough to buy one of these.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmace View Post
My 2001 windstar was found to be unsafe today with bad axle. Ford put me into a rental until ford decides to buy it out or fix it. My van is in good shape and runs good. Now my van sits outside in the weather until they decide. Not sure what to think. Glad we are safe and feel bad for those who have worse stories than mine. I live in Indiana.
On the upside, you have a fancy paperweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln