Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 12,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyLouToYou View Post
Would like to hear from any Windstar owners who have taken theirs in for rear axle inspection and found to have cracks in them. Interested in knowing what your dealer is saying about estimated time to repair and/or Ford's re-purchase offer.

I have a 2003 Windstar that went in this week for inspection. Did not pass and is now rendered unsafe to drive. Ford is providing a rental (I have to pay sales tax only) and the rental is currently authorized for up to 90 days. Am told parts are not available to replace. Also told that Ford may contact me in the next few weeks with a re-purchase offer. Can't get any info from Ford's customer relations as to how they are determining re-purchase price.

anyone have any info?
we took our windstar in to dealership on the 21st of oct of 2010 and was told it had a cracked axle, was provided a rental then. i called ford and was told that parts would be provided envitually i was not offered a buy out or i would have taken it. mine is a 98 and has over 213,000 on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 12,526 times
Default ford owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy4887 View Post
we took our windstar in to dealership on the 21st of oct of 2010 and was told it had a cracked axle, was provided a rental then. i called ford and was told that parts would be provided envitually i was not offered a buy out or i would have taken it. mine is a 98 and has over 213,000 on it.
I live in carter county ky and wonder how many more have there vans sitting in grayson at ford garage to.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 6,240 times
We had a 1999 Ford Windstar SEL with a 167,000 miles on it. The axle snapped in half when the wife was picking up the kids from school. Luckily it happened on school grounds and not on the road. This happened before Christmas and have been in a rental car since. Got phone call from dealership that car is not repairable and that we have five days to accept the offer. The offer we got was "The premium offer is approximately 150% of an average Kelly Blue Book for the model and trim level at Private Party,Excellent Condition, and 12,000 miles per year" which for my car was $5453 so we took it even though we have nothing better to get but I hated the Windstar. Good riddance.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 6,198 times
Default 2011 ford winstar recalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyLouToYou View Post
Would like to hear from any Windstar owners who have taken theirs in for rear axle inspection and found to have cracks in them. Interested in knowing what your dealer is saying about estimated time to repair and/or Ford's re-purchase offer.

I have a 2003 Windstar that went in this week for inspection. Did not pass and is now rendered unsafe to drive. Ford is providing a rental (I have to pay sales tax only) and the rental is currently authorized for up to 90 days. Am told parts are not available to replace. Also told that Ford may contact me in the next few weeks with a re-purchase offer. Can't get any info from Ford's customer relations as to how they are determining re-purchase price.

anyone have any info?
I have a 2002 Windstar. My rear axle was cracked and split open in my driveway unable to drive at all. It had to be towed to my local garage - not a dealership. This was before the recall. It cost me $650.00 to replace the rear axle. Luckily I save all receipts, so when the recall was announced, I called the dealership, sent in my receipts and within 2 weeks I was reimbursed the full $650.00. Now, we have another recall on the flanges. Brought in my windstar to the dealership today March 3, 2011 for the flange recall and they tell me there is a second recall on the rear axle for yet another problem. The notices have not even been sent out yet. Hear we go again!!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM

3 posts, read 13,790 times
I have a 2003 Windstar and just learned of the rear axle recall; I called the local Ford dealership and was told they have current parts for what he called fixing the "MS13" which would take 4-5 hours and they would have to order parts for fixing the "11S16" - anyone care to elaborate on these if they've been through this process? I have an appointment next week to get the MS13 taken care of, but I am supposed to call first to make sure they have a rental available for me.

What did I get myself into - purchasing what I thought was a nice starter family vehicle!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:20 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Ford just called me.. our Windstar is ready for pickup. They said rear axle has been replaced, and subframe is ok.

I'm quoting myself..

My son just called me from a gas station to inform me that our subframe cracked, and the rear axle bent on our 2000 Windstar.
I'll call ford in the morning, but right now I"m so pissed off. Ford repair told me my subframe was fine last month and that they replaced the entire rear axle..

I think they lied.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:33 AM

3 posts, read 13,790 times
I don't believe in suing at the drop of a hat, but in this instance...I smell a lawsuit!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Does anyone know if there are any class action lawsuits against Ford for the Windstar in NY?

When I called Ford headquarters this morning they told me that there's another recall.. I forgot what he said exactly but it has to do with break fluid leaking on to the motor and causing a fire. He said a fire can occur even if the car is not being driven.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 PM

update..

The subframe on our 2000 Windstar is unrepairable, so Ford is going to buy it back from us..

Old 05-28-2011, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,688 times
I had a 2003 Ford Windstar Sport, It had 360,000 kms of Canadian winter driving on it, Ford inspected and deemed unsafe as the front subframe was cracked. They also gave me a rental for 2 weeks and offered me a buy back of $10,000 I was shocked. I felt that they dealt with my situation very well. I bought that van new and was happy with it until that point. Now am in a brand new Ford Escape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln