Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 08:02 PM

221 posts, read 335,291 times

Advertisements

I got a bit carried away and bought 2 Crown Vic police cars from the State Police. It was such a deal for a fully functioning car I just couldn't stop at just one. Now after reality set in and I discovered that the "Police Interceptor" emblem on the back was much like an "R" sticker on a Civic...now what?

Give me some interesting things to do with these things to make them entertaining, before I unload them on Craigslist. Whatcha got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 08:07 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Crown Vics are my favorites but every Interceptor I have seen have been beaters. What shape are they in? BTW, what does that "R" supposed to mean?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:08 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Sell em to the local cab company, that's where most old PD cars go... Pull over beautiful young ladies????

Old 10-17-2014, 08:11 PM

794 posts, read 818,152 times
Donk? Cab?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Buy a gas station.......

Old 10-17-2014, 08:22 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
They get 25mpg on the highway. Not bad or a true 6 seater.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
I have a Brother In Law that might make a deal with you for one of them.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:24 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,671,924 times
Detail them, fix the back door handles, and sell at least one of them.

Bonus profit if there's any equipment such as push bars or partitions that you can pull and sell separately.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:51 PM

221 posts, read 335,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Crown Vics are my favorites but every Interceptor I have seen have been beaters. What shape are they in? BTW, what does that "R" supposed to mean?
Pretty good shape. R? As in "it's still slow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Sell em to the local cab company, that's where most old PD cars go... Pull over beautiful young ladies????
Hmmm, would "Free Candy" spray painted on the side be still good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Donk? Cab?
Might cost money...trying to spend 0 on these. A recreation of Mad Max might be cool though

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Buy a gas station.......
My daily driver is a Hemi...used to it. Close my eyes when filling up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
Detail them, fix the back door handles, and sell at least one of them.

Bonus profit if there's any equipment such as push bars or partitions that you can pull and sell separately.
Buffed out one already and have an ad up. Still playing with the other. No bonus parts on these though.

I dunno...every time I drive one I kind of want to turn up my collar, wear sunglasses, and sink low in the seat. That whole wannabe stigma and all. Wondering if I can get used to it or not

Old 10-18-2014, 03:21 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
One of the guys in a car club I once belonged to had an ex police Crown Vic. When we would all go cruising in our cars he would come along in his car and it was funny to see the reactions of other drivers. They would be speeding along and suddenly see his car and the brake lights would come on.......they thought he was an actual cop. He got off on it and loved watching how they acted around him.

I have to admit, it is a power trip. I used to work for a body shop that had the city contract, and when we were done fixing a cop car I would drive it back to the police yard and drop it off. It was fun watching how people would suddenly start driving sensibly. One time a guy ran a red light and I simply drove behind him for a while, and when he changed lanes, I changed lanes too. This went on for a few miles and finally he turned off and I kept going straight, but I bet he had to change his shorts after that !

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln