Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 11:49 AM

3 posts, read 15,654 times

Advertisements

If a mortgage company changes the locks on the house doors while the owner is away for a short period of time, and THEN files for foreclosure AFTER this has been done, and then the owner files for bankruptcy AFTER the foreclosure notice.

What is the remedy for the owner if there is any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM

37 posts, read 219,315 times
Check your mortgage papers. Some mortgage companies have in thier papers that they can come and change the locks at any time. I think Indymac is one that I have heard of doing this.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:31 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Yes, you should check your mortgage agreement. Many include the right to protect the property if it is abandoned. In your case, it may depend on what you mean by a "short period of time" and if you continued to maintain the home. You should consult with an attorney for your legal options.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Yes its in the contract that if the property is abandoned, then they can take it, but how do they define abandonment? the loan is thru fannie mae/Freddie Mac

Old 03-24-2010, 01:38 PM

Oh and her husband was inspecting the property. Its actually my neighbor's house, and I'm currently studying the law, and is something that I couldn't find. Any help would be awesome!

Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,854 times
WELLS FARGO SENT AN INSPECTOR TO DO A DRIVE BY INSPECTION. THE INSPECTOR CLAIMED THAT THE HOUSE WAS VACANT. WELLS FARGO SENT SOMEONE TO MY HOME AND CHANGED THE LOCKS WITHOUT MY KMOWLEDGE. I AM SELF EMPLOYED AND I AM GOME FOR PERIODS OF TIME ALTHOUGH ALL OF MY BELONGINGS ARE IN MY HOME AND ALL UTILITIES ARE ON. THEY BROKE INTO MY HOME. THE HOME IS IN ACTIVE FORECLOSURE AND HAS A SELL DATE BUT I AM ALSO IN ACTIVE REVIEW FOR A MODIFICATION. IS WHAT WELLS FARGO DID LEGAL. DO I NEED TO CONSULT A LAWYER? PLEASE HELP [email]cynlevine@hotmail.com[/email]

Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,581,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatblingz View Post
WELLS FARGO SENT AN INSPECTOR TO DO A DRIVE BY INSPECTION. THE INSPECTOR CLAIMED THAT THE HOUSE WAS VACANT. WELLS FARGO SENT SOMEONE TO MY HOME AND CHANGED THE LOCKS WITHOUT MY KMOWLEDGE. I AM SELF EMPLOYED AND I AM GOME FOR PERIODS OF TIME ALTHOUGH ALL OF MY BELONGINGS ARE IN MY HOME AND ALL UTILITIES ARE ON. THEY BROKE INTO MY HOME. THE HOME IS IN ACTIVE FORECLOSURE AND HAS A SELL DATE BUT I AM ALSO IN ACTIVE REVIEW FOR A MODIFICATION. IS WHAT WELLS FARGO DID LEGAL. DO I NEED TO CONSULT A LAWYER? PLEASE HELP cynlevine@hotmail.com
Consult with a lawyer.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:13 AM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
I would also file a police report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs