Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 PM

138 posts, read 305,037 times

Advertisements

Just moved here an kinda concerned,moved in these apartments an the management that was here is no longer here, the guys that use to take care of the grounds all are gone an now they have brought in a new management they have moved alot of spanish in an they are working on the apartments an living in a couple of apartments more than one or two car's an alot of people have been moving should I be concerned or is this normal to have six to apartment????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Maybe just over concerned

Old 04-30-2010, 02:55 PM

The non member who gave me the little green WARNING I was not trying to be smart about my thread I just wan'ted to know should I also be looking at moving why do everyone in this world thinks it has to be about race, I lived where there were a bunch of Hatians an I like my place just don't want the same thing to happen my car was broke in,an my stuff was stole then that same yr. they found a girl dead in her apartment I moved here in hopes that the area I moved in was nice not something I should be worried about that's WHY I asked was not trying to single anybody out, I see where people tell you don't move in certain area's maybe I should have quoted it another way sorry!!!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:24 PM

23 posts, read 80,976 times
Don't let sarcastic people commenting get to you. I've had it happen on the Colorado forums a lot and it makes these forums look bad. Colorado is an awesome place with wonderful people, but a few bad eggs hang out here. Some people have nothing better to do than read posts so they can make nasty comments or assumptions.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:57 PM

16 posts, read 31,901 times
They are probably not 'Spanish' like from Europe, they are probably from Mexico. And No I wouldn't be too worried, they're just people. Plus there should be some laws as to how many people can occupy a certain apartment. So if it's 6 to a 1 bedroom then yes that shouldn't be allowed.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 PM

79 posts, read 143,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoZonia1502 View Post
They are probably not 'Spanish' like from Europe, they are probably from Mexico. And No I wouldn't be too worried, they're just people. Plus there should be some laws as to how many people can occupy a certain apartment. So if it's 6 to a 1 bedroom then yes that shouldn't be allowed.
As long as they are LEGAL U.S. citizens, that is. "Just people" can be problematic.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane22 View Post
Just moved here an kinda concerned
Quote:
they have moved alot of spanish in
Quote:
my car was broke in,an my stuff was stole then that same yr. they found a girl dead in her apartment
Quote:
why do everyone in this world thinks it has to be about race
Quote:
Quote:
why do everyone in this world thinks it has to be about race
Quote:
Quote:
Just moved here an kinda concerned
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenIron View Post
As long as they are LEGAL U.S. citizens, that is.
FWIW, it is possible to legally reside in the U.S. and not be a legal citizen.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
The city of Fort Collins has a law that says that no more than three unrelated adults can live in one dwelling unit. Many other cities have similar laws, for example, Boulder also has the "three unrelated adults" rule. I don't know but wouldn't be surprised if Loveland and other towns have something similar. County areas may not have any such law.

If you're concerned about a possible violation, you could of course report the people you witnessed if you live in a city that has a law like that. I believe that there's a special office for the city of Fort Collins to handle landlord complaints, etc. However, as long as at least four of the six adults you witnessed are related to one another in some way there may not actually be any violation.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM

thanks everyone, in the day not here,at night is when you will see more than one car, an yes it is more than three in the apartment,an I don't want to make waves the new management uses for cleaning the apartments,an work in some of the apartments,an live in the apartmets so I guess this is win,win for management, people are still moving,but not empty for long ,I see the police park sometime around the apartments,an when I get home from work there are no parking spots,different car's leaving in the morning leaving from the same apartment, a blind man could see this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area