Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 05:35 PM

167 posts, read 876,996 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Well I am looking for a clerical/receptionist/office type job. I have a couple years of receptionist and medical transcription experience and have completed about 33 hours towards my associates degree.. Anyway, I am in pembroke pines but am looking everywhere, ft lauderdale and even miami (though not sure I can even drive there and so many jobs require you to be bilingual).. I am not having much luck yet. Havent gotten any calls for interviews.. I have been looking at simplyhired.com and careerbuilder.com but I am just seeing the same jobs over and over. Does anyone have any suggestions on where else I can look or a different way to go about finding a job around here? I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks everyone!!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 02:14 PM

469 posts, read 1,328,351 times
I have a BS and haven't had a callback for anything- I must admit that I am not looking THAT hard. I'm not out at Sawgrass filling out apps~

Old 07-21-2010, 04:14 PM

That is kind of discouraging namom! I would think with a bachelors degree you would be getting called back... I may end up having to do medical transcription from home, which I have done before.. I do hate sitting at home all day though.. Good luck to you on your search!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:15 PM

btw, what types of jobs are you looking for? just curious

Old 07-21-2010, 07:03 PM

469 posts, read 1,328,351 times
Retail, grocery (I want flexible nights/weekends) office type jobs at cleveland clinic (I thought I'd give full-time a try if pay was OK butthey never got a phone call. My degree is in family consumer sciences- I'm not doing day care for minimum wage here!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:17 AM

I applied with cleveland clinic also... didnt hear anything either. lol I know what you mean about daycare/preschool. They are really expensive!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:13 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen78fl View Post
Hi all. Well I am looking for a clerical/receptionist/office type job. I have a couple years of receptionist and medical transcription experience and have completed about 33 hours towards my associates degree.. Anyway, I am in pembroke pines but am looking everywhere, ft lauderdale and even miami (though not sure I can even drive there and so many jobs require you to be bilingual).. I am not having much luck yet. Havent gotten any calls for interviews.. I have been looking at simplyhired.com and careerbuilder.com but I am just seeing the same jobs over and over. Does anyone have any suggestions on where else I can look or a different way to go about finding a job around here? I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks everyone!!

Jennifer

Have you registered with any employment agencies? i.e. appleone, careerusa

You may want to do that as well. Good luck!!!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 PM

That is actually my next step summer , you read my mind lol What is a good one to apply with? I have heard that adecco is the largest staffing firm so I was going to go with them. I just hope that I am able to specify that I would like a job that pays at least $12 an hour or else I will hardly make anything after prek for my daughter and after school care for my son...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area