Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,841,660 times

Advertisements

Check for private landlord options in Courtyard at the Grove in Weston. There MAY be some units within your price range. And it is literally across the street from Cypress Bay HS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,930,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida2011 View Post
Okay. Thank you so much! Do you know any specific communities that you recommend and are within my price range?
Ruskis recommendation is a good one. You can also look into Davie, into the communities of Pine Island Ridge or Rolling Hills. You could also look at 84 South in Sunrise. In Weston, you could look at Coconuts, Racquet Club, basically anywhere in Bonaventure. You might find something in San Remo as well. These areas would all be zoned for Western High School, except for San Remo which might be Cypress Bay or might be Western, i'm not actually sure. San Simeon is also worth a look, which I'm pretty sure is in the Cypress Bay zone. You could also look into Cooper City; townhomes and condos in Rock Creek should be abundant. All of these would be better options school and price wise then Pembroke Pines.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM

66 posts, read 169,991 times
Here's one in Cooper City. We just moved her from Baltimore and picked Cooper City for the schools and neighborhoods. F1111833 2562 LAKEVIEW COURT UNIT 239, Cooper City, FL 33026 - yellowkeyrealty.com

Check Craigslist too! I'm sure a Realtor could find you a private owner who is looking to rent as well.

Good luck!

Michelle

Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 AM

6 posts, read 50,787 times
Smile I hear that Cypress High School and Western HS are capped

We will also be moving to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale subs. My husband hopefully will get a transfer. (but who knows in this economy - but so far looks good). I did some research on Middle and High Schools. I read somewhere that Cypress and Western were capped. Does anyone know if this is true. We will rent first and then buy. History: Originally from LI New York, relocated to South Carolina, and eventually moving to Florida. Have a middle schooler and a son in HS. Also 2 dogs. Need to rent where they accept dogs. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,401,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmacafe View Post
We will also be moving to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale subs. My husband hopefully will get a transfer. (but who knows in this economy - but so far looks good). I did some research on Middle and High Schools. I read somewhere that Cypress and Western were capped. Does anyone know if this is true. We will rent first and then buy. History: Originally from LI New York, relocated to South Carolina, and eventually moving to Florida. Have a middle schooler and a son in HS. Also 2 dogs. Need to rent where they accept dogs. Thanks.
Have you considered looking into Boca Raton its in Palm Beach County...We have a Junior in HS who attends Spanish River HS and a Daughter who attends Omni Middle School we love both schools as well as the kids... We are living here 2.5 years we moved here because of the schools..We are originally from Brooklyn NY lived in NJ for almost 10 years, then moved to NC big mistake but anyway, We are very happy here....

Good Luck to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area