Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 PM

149 posts, read 465,905 times

Advertisements

There haven't been many other posters telling me the opposite. There have been about an equal telling me it's a good idea then the other half being like you saying it isn't a good idea and using sarcastic remarks such as "real clever". That is my main point which I have said 3 times now. I don't know where you are seeing these tons of other posters but it's all good. I have heard that companies in Florida love people from Maine because we have a reputation of being real hard workers. Have a nice night Nolefan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 PM

In fact the 3 of us are the only ones who have posted on this thread. So I am not sure who the many other posters are haha.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:53 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
Mike-

You said yourself that "others" told you it is a bad idea. Perhaps you posed this question on previous threads? Regardless, if 1 person tells you its a bad idea and one person tells you its a good idea, wouldn't it be wise to listen to both sides? I was just trying to help you and give you some sound advice. But you rejected my advice and called it unhelpful because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Why even bother asking for advice if you already have your mind made up in the first place?

Furthermore, all of the reasons you gave for wanting to move here (gas prices, car insurance, taxes) are not good reasons to move here. Gas prices here are exactly the same here. Car insurance is probably more expensive here than where you are. Taxes are lower here, but so are salaries. None of those reasons are good reasons to move here.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Again, I don't know what you are reading. In the 4th response on this thread (by me) I say how I respect everyones opinion on here. That means you as well. I never specifically said that I find Nolefan unhelpful. Not sure where that came from. I am just saying I thought I would give this site a shot and while I do find some things useful, as an outsider not from South Florida when people who do live in the area are saying totally contradicting and different things it makes it totally useless. I don't see how you can't agree with that.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10693 View Post
On a total side note, I have heard some good things from people about West Palm Beach...although I am sure some on this website would say the exact opposite haha. Seems as though they have cheaper rent for nicer places than FTL and Miami. A lot I have talked to seem to love living there also. They call it a more relaxed version of Miami with much less Spanish speaking...which I like haha.
The information you received about West Palm is for the most part accurate. Rents are significantly cheaper there for nicer places than in Fort Lauderdale or Miami. The only exception I take is that West Palm is not like Miami. Nowhere is like Miami. It is a very unique place and a big city. West Palm is a small city with lots of suburbs.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:03 PM

On the real though, thank you very much for your time. I think West Palm Beach are some city in Palm Beach County may be the best bet for me to start out with. I hear about crime in the area, but the truth is you get that in some parts of every city in the U.S. unless I plan on moving to like Montana haha. You just need to take the good with the bad. I only live once and I will regret not giving this shot. Thanks again man.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:05 PM

Yeah the West Palm being like Miami didn't sound right to me either haha. I just know they it has a beach and some night life. I need that on the weekends because I work my a** off during the week no matter what my job is.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:08 PM

In terms of income being lower, Maine is the second worst state on average with only Hawaii being worse. I know Florida is at least better than Maine haha.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 PM

That is what I was saying all along! You kept denying it until now. Do you understand? It is impossible to have a conversation with someone who denies what they said before that is clearly posted in the beginning of the thread.

Now that we got past that issue, what did Hurricaneman1992 say that contradicted what I said?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:11 PM

He just said how there are very affordable apartments near the beaches and you said that was not possible at first. However, I think you changed your stance on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area