Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 02:58 PM

683 posts, read 853,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
YOU were the one being rude, not the cashier nor customer ahead of you. Especially since you admited to "dazing off" while looking at the magazines. Why were you in such s hurry? For all you know, they could have been friends who hadn't seen each other in awhile.

Thanks for proving the OP's point. If anybody told me to "hurry up" in a checkout line, I'd certainly give you a look too -- BECAUSE THAT'S RUDE!
Who the hell cares if they were friends or not, you definitely can have that rudeness and live there. You are paid to do a job, not stop and have FULL CONVERSATIONS. They can talk about their Café con Leche another time, not on my time.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:52 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
Who the hell cares if they were friends or not, you definitely can have that rudeness and live there. You are paid to do a job, not stop and have FULL CONVERSATIONS. They can talk about their Café con Leche another time, not on my time.
Wow. Seriously? So glad I don't live in South Florida and you're not my neighbor. Not only is your attitude rude and self-absorbed, but your bias agaisnt hispanics is pretty evident too:

Quote:
... The cashier had the audacityto stop scanning and carry a full conversation in Spanish of course. I told her to hurry up. She looked surprised when I said that but did. It's a cultural thing also that can make Miami rude.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Wow. Seriously? So glad I don't live in South Florida and you're not my neighbor. Not only is your attitude rude and self-absorbed, but your bias agaisnt hispanics is pretty evident too:
Don't think they allow workers in country bumpkin Georgia to have full conversations while there is a line there, but who knows. Never experienced that in any other place. Second thought, I guess you are trolling.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1940 View Post
My wife and I have lived in Fort Lauderdale about 3 years now and we want out ASAP. If you feel like reading our topic and adding your points, please do so. We need advice what to do.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...dale-feel.html
Then leave! I don't understand the complaints. If you and your wife work. You guys should be able save and move. Cut out cable, eating out, or whatever luxury you guys do. There were a few cities that I didn't like to live and I said things to move.

If you can't handle Fort Lauderdale, then I imagine you must come from a small town. If you are talking about Miami I can agree whole heartedly, but Fort Lauderdale is a breeze. Normal traffic to me and people speak English no matter where you go.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:15 AM

12 posts, read 25,454 times
I know it's an old thread, but the rude and prudeness is part of the reason I left FL. Everyone's very anti social and only stay to themselves or their families. I think it has a lot to do with the immigrants that live there. There's just an overall lack of professionalism and education in South Florida.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:49 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,708,589 times
A hot NYC.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:07 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,958 times
Quote:

You were rude and nasty. How could you possibly criticize others while behaving like a Georgia peckerwood?
Lucky you, any other cashier would have sent you packing to Davie Boulevard.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:06 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Zone11 View Post
I know it's an old thread, but the rude and prudeness is part of the reason I left FL. Everyone's very anti social and only stay to themselves or their families. I think it has a lot to do with the immigrants that live there. There's just an overall lack of professionalism and education in South Florida.

Immigrants like yourself, you were the one in strange turf.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:37 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
I find the drivers to be impossibly rude, however when dealing with people face to face or day to day....they're about just as "polite" or friendly as anywhere else really.

The drivers tho....oh lawd.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
You were rude and nasty. How could you possibly criticize others while behaving like a Georgia peckerwood?
Lucky you, any other cashier would have sent you packing to Davie Boulevard.
Lucky nothing. I never had a problem straightening people out in Miami. I still work in the area....oh wait only for two more weeks. Finally got out of that third world country with a new job in Broward! Great to see Americans and hear the English language.

I mean who does that? Sit and have full conversations while people are in line. smdh. You damn right I told them to hurry up. So glad I won't be bothered with that self entitled crap anymore. I would have never let the invasion come to Miami like that. Dumb government officials. Nothing was gained in the stupid effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area