Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 09:14 AM

375 posts, read 609,071 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Researching Ft Lauderdale area 55+ condos, specifically more desirable areas and/or complexes.

Have seen some buildings that don’t allow leasing or pets, which I’m fine with. Primarily interested in the best location/complex that would allow relatively easy resale if/when necessary. And the flip side of that coin would be what areas/complexes to avoid? My budget’s $300-$400K. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 08:11 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,806 times
There are not many over 55 communities in Broward County that I know of, that are in the price range you are looking for and that I would say would fit all your criteria, such as easy resale. Over 55 communities are usually not easy resale, they sell but IMO not fast and easy, below is one I found online that is in your price range but since they also have less expensive units in that complex, Kings Point, then easy resale might not work, I am not a realtor so I will not feed you any bs, just to try to get you to buy something, not that all realtors would.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M66575-22757

So if you want easy resale, then from my opinion, there are high rise condos in the Las Olas area that would likely be easier resale, and some in your price range but they will usually not be over 55 communities, those that were built 2002 and after and are right off Las Olas, so that they have hurricane standards, would likely be easier to sell but also most have fairly high condo monthly fees, just something to be aware of. To find them you might wish to look on realtor.com zip code 33301.

350 Las Olas comes to mind as being one of the ones that would have some lower priced ones of the more expensive condos and more desirable side of the river, also down right near the ocean there are some older ones such as Essex and others that might have great views, the closer to the strip or the beach, usually the more desirable. All of the above is just from my POV and opinions after looking around for a few years before buying, I am not an expert.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-300000-400000

Old 04-23-2018, 03:39 AM

34 posts, read 39,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90077 View Post
Hello All,

Researching Ft Lauderdale area 55+ condos, specifically more desirable areas and/or complexes.

Have seen some buildings that don’t allow leasing or pets, which I’m fine with. Primarily interested in the best location/complex that would allow relatively easy resale if/when necessary. And the flip side of that coin would be what areas/complexes to avoid? My budget’s $300-$400K. TIA.
Fountainhead, Coral Ridge Towers, Palms at Weston and Century Plaza.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:36 AM

375 posts, read 609,071 times
Thanks to you both. I will investigate your suggestions.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:34 PM

34 posts, read 39,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90077 View Post
Thanks to you both. I will investigate your suggestions.
You're welcome.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:19 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,806 times
Always happy to try to help. The best of luck with your search.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:49 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,546,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
There are not many over 55 communities in Broward County that I know of, that are in the price range you are looking for and that I would say would fit all your criteria, such as easy resale. Over 55 communities are usually not easy resale, they sell but IMO not fast and easy, below is one I found online that is in your price range but since they also have less expensive units in that complex, Kings Point, then easy resale might not work, I am not a realtor so I will not feed you any bs, just to try to get you to buy something, not that all realtors would.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M66575-22757

So if you want easy resale, then from my opinion, there are high rise condos in the Las Olas area that would likely be easier resale, and some in your price range but they will usually not be over 55 communities, those that were built 2002 and after and are right off Las Olas, so that they have hurricane standards, would likely be easier to sell but also most have fairly high condo monthly fees, just something to be aware of. To find them you might wish to look on realtor.com zip code 33301.

350 Las Olas comes to mind as being one of the ones that would have some lower priced ones of the more expensive condos and more desirable side of the river, also down right near the ocean there are some older ones such as Essex and others that might have great views, the closer to the strip or the beach, usually the more desirable. All of the above is just from my POV and opinions after looking around for a few years before buying, I am not an expert.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-300000-400000
These areas look very intriguing to me. Seem surprisingly affordable for locations with access to ocean from your back door by boat.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:59 PM

36 posts, read 42,999 times
Close where Oakland and Sunrise join you can buy 55+ single bedroom for 35 000 and double for about 65 000, but since your budget is much bigger you can afford something closer to ocean and nicer....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area