Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 03:32 PM

21 posts, read 8,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
It most be a synthetic oil.

I would never even consider using a conventional oil. You won't save a dime using that. The money you save up front, you'll end up spending more on gas. Since I was driving so far each week, I was measuring my MPG carefully. I noticed that my highway MPG went up considerably after switching to Amsoil. That was nothing I read in literature and no sales person tried to sell me on it. I figured it out on my own by calculating the miles driven divided by the gallons. I told you I could write a book on this stuff. It helps that I can type all these posts at 70 WPM. When you have an engine that needs to be rebuilt under warranty because of oil consumption with Mobil 1 and then need a transmission rebuilt or replaced in another car. Then you simply switch to this Amsoil stuff and now you don't have to rebuild an engine in one car and not have to rebuild the transmission in another, that sure makes you happy. And this is the reason why I have made the comments that I have. Most customers write bad reviews on a product and when they are happy with it, they don't say anything. I always try to write good reviews on something if I tried it. I have also left hundreds of Google reviews for all of the restaurants and stores that I have gone as well. I hate it when I see a good restaurant go out of business all because they had a lack of good reviews. Believe me, I hate doing oil changes. Every time I do it, I have to drop off that used oil and it always makes a mess. The less times I can do that, the better. If I used that cheap oil that most everyone uses, I would go nuts having to change my oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. That's a big waste of my time. As you get older, you value your time more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 06:30 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,013,120 times
Marty's Complete Automotive in Oakland Park.

Not cheap, but always delivers above expectations.

I have two classic cars and the mechanics at Marty's still know how to work on carburetors.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:23 PM

21 posts, read 8,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Marty's Complete Automotive in Oakland Park.

Not cheap, but always delivers above expectations.

I have two classic cars and the mechanics at Marty's still know how to work on carburetors.

Old-time skills. How are those things holding up with ethanol? I've seen Wawa having ethanol-free gas the last time I was on Commercial Blvd down that way. I haven't owned a car with a carburetor since 1989. I used to get 38 MPG back then with it on the highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area