Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 01:56 AM

134 posts, read 399,903 times

Advertisements

I will be moving in about 9 months to south floorida (I know a long way off but i have extenuating circumstances and neede to start researching now)

I will be renting and I need a good realtor who does rentals (I know many of them who do sales and say they don't do rentals or aren't that knowledgeable)

Anyway..if you read my other posts, you will also see that I am very unsure of where my husband and I will be moving (it will be close to sunriswe but not sure exactloy where) and i really want someonme who knows MANY neighborhoods and cities or I will have to use multiple realtors for diffierent areas (I am looking for a privately owned townhome rental or something like that, otherwise could just go into rental complexes...but i also want a realtor because i need to learn more about different areas..I just pray I find an honest one.......not to be rude but had many realtors in the past lie to me about the safety of an area or th amount of young people, etc etc....and i don't want to find out stuff the hard way

Thanks for any names you can recommend,..at this point..i just need to have a general convo with them about possible areas to start looking into and also about realistically what my husband and I can afford in comparision to what we have where will live now (which i know will be a shoebox compared to what we have since AZ living is much less expensive

Thanks sooo much!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 11:39 AM

157 posts, read 488,014 times
I don`t know of a rental realtor but this man is very knowlegdable of sunrise,Plantation, Cooper City, Weston, Davie in west broward. I
will DM you his real estate website if you like. But for starters look in Cooper City just east of S.W.90th Ave and 54th street. I think right in there may be something you can afford and like. Many young parents,some oldsters, lots of kids,very safe,not a bad commute to Ft Lauderdale or Miami,about 15 minutes from sunrise Relax, I`m sure you find something. Check out the above mentioned area.Oh, there is a community bus shuttle to take you to the store or doctors office, I think it is free

Old 08-22-2009, 02:21 PM

157 posts, read 488,014 times
Oh, I meant to say look in Cooper City just east of 100th Ave. and 54th Street. Modest homes and duplexes. East and West of 90th Ave. is good,but more expensive and I don`t think there are any duplexes in that neighborhood. Both neighborhoods are the older sections of Cooper City. Hope this starts you off feeling more positive that you can find what you want.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM

10 posts, read 22,703 times
Hi there-
I am also a possible transplanter to Ft Lauderdale from NY. Could you also email me the name of this real estate person.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Keith

Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,361,620 times
Rent Free Realty

South Florida Homes | Palm Beach Homes | Dade Homes

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 PM

134 posts, read 399,903 times
Default thanks

wow they hqave alot of rentqals on here...do they have agents to help you or are they rent by owner??

Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,361,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nankjay View Post
wow they hqave alot of rentqals on here...do they have agents to help you or are they rent by owner??
Yes, they have an extensive list of condo properties, and agents will also take you around to look. You only pay an app fee, the owner of the condo or apartment association pays the listing fees.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM

43 posts, read 113,208 times
I found that Realtor.com is the best place to go. I just found a great Duplex in Hollywood.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,714,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjet25d View Post
I found that Realtor.com is the best place to go. I just found a great Duplex in Hollywood.
ditto....Im a big fan of realtor.com too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area