Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,995 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the real unique junk-shops in the area were you can find some great stuff. I don't mean the "antique" ones where everything is all cleaned up and displayed prettily (and priced for that). I mean the ones where the place is packed to the gills, and you're digging around in the corners and peeking behind the headboards and the dust for that "find" of a cool chair that needs a little love, that cool barn wood table or a funky vase. BEST finds have been in plain old crappy junk shops.

So, any junkers on the forum know where the good spots/stores/flea markets are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 12:57 PM

672 posts, read 904,941 times
Damn. I wish I had a way to get it to you. I have just about a whole house of furniture I have to get rid of before I move to Florida. Here in NY, I cannot sell it, donate it, or even GIVE it away. I have EVERYTHING even dishes and pots and pans I am not taking.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:07 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
what do u need? i am selling all my furniture here in lauderdale area by the end of may.....

Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM

286 posts, read 1,081,939 times
Default looking for furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
what do u need? i am selling all my furniture here in lauderdale area by the end of may.....
I am coming in June and need pretty much everything for my rental apt
Please let me know what you have

Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by induhvidual View Post
I am coming in June and need pretty much everything for my rental apt
Please let me know what you have
i'm off to tampa by the 24th of may....but i have 2 couches (1 is a pullout bed as well), a desk, 2 coffee tables, a queen size bed and various other odds and ends.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,009 times
we'll be having a garage sale up here in Sunrise this summer

Old 05-08-2007, 07:23 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Not sure if they are still there, but if you are willing to drive into a not so safe area. Overtown and Liberty City have these giant antique warehouses that have all kinds of stuff from new to old. Not sure but some of these things probably fell of the truck, if you know what I mean, but the prices are just right. There are a few near the Liberty Market if I recall.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,905 times
Default furniture

Hi,
I have some furniture that I am trying to get rid of before I move. Great for a college student or recent graduate. Here's what I have: futon(I've used it as a bed for 2 years-very comfortable), microwave, floor lamp with reading lamp, tv stand and desk with hutch. Please let me know asap if you're interested.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:50 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
You might also want to put it on this site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Freecycle-Miami/

Old 05-17-2007, 07:08 AM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times
freecycle miami doesnt work properly
i used it in california. too many people post ridiculous requests on miami freecycle like
request: big screen tv
request: new car

it seems people are just throwing out ridiculous requests on a lark to see if they work. its full of takers mostly and very few givers.
i never got anything from it but i did try to get rid of alot of stuff on it but it was such a hassle because everyone was too lazy to pick the stuff up.
i couldve been handing out hundred dollar bills and people probably wouldnt have driven to pick it up even then.
people here are too selfish and too lazy for freecycle to work properly in miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
View detailed profiles of: