Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,246,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Not fair to generalize all of Florida ... remember this is a huge state ... I find both NW & NE Florida to not only have better cooler "Christmas weather" but in general to have more laid back friendlier people than in South Florida .... if you like Northern GA you will like Northern Florida , plus you have the beaches and palm trees !!!
I absolutely agree. When driving through Florida to get to north Ga, we stopped in the Gainesville vicinity, and had the same kind of friendliness that we experienced in North Ga It was awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 02:41 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,770,778 times
AJ/Rock - I don't think either one of you are wrong in what your expect or receive. AJ - I think perhaps you expect people in Florida to be friendlier than they are, but that doesn't make them unfriendly. There is definitely more of a NYC edge to SFL than to Alpharetta Georgia. Not bad just different.

Rock - that guy was an idiot and wo was everyone in his family - I'm telling you that is why people don't want to do nice things for other people because of jerks like that. On behalf of the moron - I apologize - he was a jerk. Hopefully your daughter doesn't turn sour! For every jerk there are 10 nice people to make up for them!

Have a great holiday everyone!

Old 12-24-2009, 04:14 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,079,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1972 View Post
Wow. Maybe I should move where you live, because where I live in North Creek, it's not like that. I barely know my neighbors. Of course at the places where we tend to go all of the time (Publix, Blockbuster, etc), everyone knows our name and children's names, and are friendly. However, I'm talking about the pop in general.
We were not in Alpharetta. We were in Suwanee, and I couldn't even believe how friendly everyone was.
I'm actually from NYC.
But it's all a personal opinion, and what you describe as friendly, and what you expect (and how much you expect) from others may be different than what I expect, I suppose. Maybe I expect too much

Where is North Creek ?????

Old 12-24-2009, 07:21 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,246,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Where is North Creek ?????
north coconut creek

Old 12-24-2009, 08:15 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times
When we stopped this past weekend in Jacksonville and South Carolina, it looked and felt like Fall. It was in the 40s/50s and the "real trees" were turning colors.

SW Florida it's always SUMMER. Leaves change? Nope, and too many palm trees anyway. Christmas? Not at all. Glad to not be there this Christmas.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 PM

176 posts, read 647,227 times
Yes and no. I hardly see people coming together as a community....placing votive candles on their sidewalks..lawn swails....enabling neighbors to interact with one another. But it did seem like people were trying to outdo one another as to who had the best display. Also a lot of stores stayed open today and roads were clogged....road rage ensued. Not my idea of perfect...

Old 12-25-2009, 07:37 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,770,778 times
Well if u feel that way - then you know it's Xmas - fights, yelling and arguing have become the norm in NYC - it is just amplified at Xmas time.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I absolutely agree. When driving through Florida to get to north Ga, we stopped in the Gainesville vicinity, and had the same kind of friendliness that we experienced in North Ga It was awesome!

You will experience that in the Panhandle , Gainesville , Ocala , and the Jacksonville , Ponte Vedra , St.Augustine areas as well most of the west coast ... just north of Sarasota .... again Florida is much more that just South Florida .... hell if you go up to Northern Palm Beach , Martin and St.Lucie countries .. you well experience a smaller town , friendlier feel than in most of Broward & Dade .

Old 12-25-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
AJ/Rock - I don't think either one of you are wrong in what your expect or receive. AJ - I think perhaps you expect people in Florida to be friendlier than they are, but that doesn't make them unfriendly. There is definitely more of a NYC edge to SFL than to Alpharetta Georgia. Not bad just different.

Rock - that guy was an idiot and wo was everyone in his family - I'm telling you that is why people don't want to do nice things for other people because of jerks like that. On behalf of the moron - I apologize - he was a jerk. Hopefully your daughter doesn't turn sour! For every jerk there are 10 nice people to make up for them!

Have a great holiday everyone!
Thanks Chelsa ..... have a great holiday with your loved ones !!

Old 12-25-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
north coconut creek
I thought that was a pretty nice area ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area