Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 07:15 AM

167 posts, read 876,847 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone knows of any good mothers day out/daycare programs in pembroke pines or surrounding areas. I believe that some churches have these programs but Im not sure. I would like to have the chance to volunteer at a school since I would like to get a job as a teachers aide but have no experience yet. So if I could find a program for my 2 year old daughter for just a few times a week, a couple of hours a day, that would be perfect...I have looked at preschools around here but they are too expensive since I dont have a job yet... I appreciate any advice!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 10:51 AM

7 posts, read 24,176 times
Default mmo programs

I moved here (fort lauderdale) in august and spent 6 months searching for such programs. they were everywhere in NC where we used ot live. There are none that I am aware of around here (crazy!!) and have called around 25 different places. I found 2 but they both cost more than my mortgage My husband is a pastor and I am wanting to start a mother's morning out program from 9-12 5 days a week where you can choose 1-5 days depending on your needs - at our church. I have a degree in preschool education as well as Christian education...we just need the space to do it!! all the rooms at our church are being rented out...

Old 03-15-2012, 08:12 AM

99 posts, read 304,117 times
Check out Parkway Christian Preschool... I have sent my children their, its a great, small community where they really keep good care of the children, and the teachers are great teachers. Its a distance from Pembroke Pines, but I know of at a family that sends their kids from Miramar! Note well, your 2-year may be too young, as the kids that go there have to be potty-trained to attend... but its such a good school, you will want to visit and meet the staff, if anything, to have a point of reference for a good daycare organization.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 PM

Default Parents morning out!!

we are starting one at our church this August (2012)!! we are very excited. email me for more information - noeylaurie@gmail.com

Sunset Presbyterian Church
3550 Davie Blvd
(next to publix)

Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 PM

91 posts, read 219,207 times
my wife does in home baby sitting, you can pm if you want, I consider her good, we have a 4 month old, and I am a pilot so if you ever did use us on demand its a 50/50 that she would have to bring our kid. She seems to have a never ending client list growing so she must be doing something right. PM me if that helps and need her info. Its a flat $10/hr.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 AM

As an update to my 2 posts above, we have 5 children now enrolled on tuesday/thursday and 2 more starting this week. We have space for 12. If we fill up, we will open mon/wed as well (we anticipate doing this by january 2013). We've had 2 people find us already through this post so I thought I'd put more information...the program is for 3-5 year olds (potty-trained) and our website is sunsetpc.org - click on the link at the top of the page that says "parent's music morning out". or, you can email me (address on other post). Laurie Juarez

Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 PM

142 posts, read 439,611 times
We are moving in 3 weeks! I'm looking into it now! Thank you for the update!!! Like others have experienced, there aren't many programs in the area, but where I'm moving from there's basically one at every other corner! Thanks!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 AM

Default website

That's great! Looking forward to hearing from you. Here is our website:
sunsetpc.org

Click on the parent's Music Morning out link and you'll get all the info!

Old 12-18-2013, 12:59 PM

Default Now accepting 2 year olds!!

Well, someone else found us through this post so i thought I'd update one more time Seems that this area (if you are new like me you may not know this) has more of a 2 yr old part time program than any other age...so we are changing our format in jan 2014 to a 2-3 year old program instead of a 3-5 year old program hopefully we will be full when we open back up in january...right now we have 5 available spots take a look at the website for more info...sunsetpc.org
thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area