Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM

7 posts, read 36,371 times

Advertisements

Hi I was just wondering if Cape Coral has certain areas that we should know to stay away from.
they mentioned to me that Ft Myers has some areas that are "guetto like", how about CC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 05:52 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
SW(Pelican Blvd area) is my favorite part, always liked it there. NE is pretty dumpy in areas. And for some strange reason SW Santa Barbara PL and Skyline are all duplexes and those streets are kind of dumpy. Cape Coral is not all that bad though. Like I said Pelican Blvd is a really nice area.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:21 AM

282 posts, read 1,008,547 times
I love the SW area, it's beautiful!

Old 10-17-2010, 09:01 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Cape Coral has good and not so good sections. There are some nice streets, and some not so nice. It depends who your neighbors are and if they upkeep their homes. Now because of the foreclosures, many homes will get new occupants.

The SW has the upscale homes in some parts. The landscaping is the best in that area also. The NW and NE have newer homes but need landscaping which will come as homeowners plant some trees and shrubs .

The city has rules , they are strick as to what a person can leave in the front of their home . I see this as a good ordinance. This will keep Cape Coral from becoming an eyesore.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:20 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
If you are into boating and want to get as much bang for your buck I think the SE is the best. You can get good, close access to the river and gulf, very reasonably priced. There are very high scale homes right by the river. It was the first area developed so has the most mature landscaping. All the utilities are in so you don't have to worry about assessments. The area also has the most shopping and restaurants and is a short hop over the bridge to Fort Myers for even more shopping and restaurants. The SE is closest to the beaches and airport.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:28 PM

964 posts, read 2,063,627 times
Just guessing, but I think we'll be seeing a lot of change in the NE in the next 2 years with the advent of the Vet Clinic (opening in Q4 2011), the planned development of the National Guard training facility, and all the development that will come out of those 2 military - focused initiatives. Given the number of Iraq and Afghanistan vets that will need care, the area could really take off. From the types of job posts, it looks to be leaning on the professional side.....

National Guard Jobs - Cape Coral, FL - Career Employment Jobs

Last edited by Izmack; 10-17-2010 at 01:52 PM..

Old 10-17-2010, 02:30 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianbirds View Post
Hi I was just wondering if Cape Coral has certain areas that we should know to stay away from.
they mentioned to me that Ft Myers has some areas that are "guetto like", how about CC?
My advice---live in or around the area you contemplate moving to. IMHO I would avoid Cape Coral/Ft.Myers area.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
From the types of job posts, it looks to be leaning on the professional side.....

National Guard Jobs - Cape Coral, FL - Career Employment Jobs
It doesn't look like those are specific to Cape Coral. That's a National Guard recruitment website.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:28 PM

7 posts, read 36,371 times
Thanks for all the replies, for what we gather is that the SW and SE are more settled areas, with shopping and restaurants.
What's the North like, it seems to have newer homes, maybe a silly question, but from one of the other post said that they will be developing, are they still building or this is something that perhaps may happened in the future.

I wouldnt imagine that they are actually buildiing new homes, due to the housing situation, but I am not there so I might be wrong...

Old 10-17-2010, 08:45 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
You can get more house for your money in the north if you don't mind driving a little further to shopping and restaurants and the beaches. Also if you don't care about a lot of trees and great gulf access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area