Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:51 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,354,454 times

Advertisements

I am looking for individuals that would like to help to get the parking restrictions changed, so people can park their trailers, including cargo, boat, or other trailers, in their drive way on their property.
Let me know, let get our property rights back.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:33 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,364,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
I am looking for individuals that would like to help to get the parking restrictions changed, so people can park their trailers, including cargo, boat, or other trailers, in their drive way on their property.
Hasn't it always been that way?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:49 PM

196 posts, read 505,144 times
it will never happen~

Old 10-28-2010, 12:14 AM

681 posts, read 887,023 times
Quote:
For a price in such desperate times..it will happen.

Like the idea of using this forum for something other than advertisement for selling/marketing one's flopped property/real estate business.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:38 AM

964 posts, read 2,067,522 times
Quote:
I'm unclear why you would think this is a good idea??

Old 10-28-2010, 07:46 AM

Oh I think it will happen. But if you approach life with that kind of outlook you already lost. I think people should try first before giving up twobeach
Izmack are you saying that having your property rights is bad for you or this city or country?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,100,917 times
I certainly think it's a bad idea. I had neeighbors in nh that had boats trailers campers in their yard. Not new ones ,old beaten up, half of them didn't work. Some just for parts, probably trans fluid,oil, antifreeze leaking on to the ground......looked like crap. You can keep these things in your backyard where they won't ruin my property value instead of becoming an eyesore pseudo junk yard for everyone else in the neighborhood to have to look at. If you want that type of thing move to an area that doesn't have those restrictions.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,218,394 times
Seeing how some people abuse their rights of what to keep in the front of their yards, I agree with nhkev. If everyone was neat and didn't make an eyesore of their property it would be fine. Some just don't know when it starts looking seedy.

I like having the ordinance in place. Keeps the junk from piling up in the front of the yard as well as the back yard. An inspector comes to check to see if junk is in view that needs to be placed in the garage or out of sight, glad of that. I have seen some neighborhoods that are covered with junk and it is not at all pleasing to see. Just think of what it could become.. a dump.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:24 PM

681 posts, read 887,023 times
Quote:

Oh I think it will happen. But if you approach life with that kind of outlook you already lost. I think people should try first before giving up
You are right. I actually remember an article in which charging fees for parking cars, etc. was considered an option for raising money for the bankrupt city. I will check on it to find it.

Like the spirit of trying to change things!

Old 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
I certainly think it's a bad idea. I had neighbors in nh that had boats trailers campers in their yard. Not new ones ,old beaten up, half of them didn't work. Some just for parts, probably trans fluid,oil, antifreeze leaking on to the ground......looked like crap. You can keep these things in your backyard where they won't ruin my property value instead of becoming an eyesore pseudo junk yard for everyone else in the neighborhood to have to look at. If you want that type of thing move to an area that doesn't have those restrictions.
I am not talking about letting people have a junk yard on their property, I am talking about letting someone that has a registered and insured cargo trailer. that is street legal.
They should be able to park it on their property. Besides they do allow boat owners to store their boats on the property.
they have the ordinance already that prohibits storing junk on your lot.
Also I can tell you one thing my cargo trailer looks a lot better than some of the junk heaps that people drive down the road here.
And finally I want to address the myth that trailer in the driveway run down property values, they have had this one sided ordinance in place here for a long time,- and it didn't affect property values at all in the last two years THEY still dropped 80% in Cape Coral. Property values have nothing to do with trailers in the drive way.
Must people that have cargo trailers also have a small business and they take care of their trailer because every potential customers see's their trailer and if you have a piece of junk you are going to loose customers. Neighborhoods where the properties are owned by small business owners are good for property values because, we care about our businesses and about the properties we own.

Last edited by equalrightsforeveryone; 10-28-2010 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area